York Risk Control
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Insurance Inspector - Primarily Residential
at York Risk Control
As a result of continued growth and expansion, York Risk is seeking Insurance Inspectors to work on an independent contractor basis to complete dwelling exterior and dwelling interior inspections. Information gathered from the survey/inspection process will be reported primarily in checklist and narrative formats and will be submitted via the internet. The number of assignments may vary depending upon geographical location as well as individual contractor efficiency.
Details of position:
- Work from home office
- Schedule appointments with policy holders as needed
- Drive to and conduct inspections for residential properties
- Write up reports using personal computer
- Determine construction classification of residential properties
- Obtain all dwelling updates information- (repairs, modifications, upgrades, etc.)
- Identify underwriting concerns and make recommendations for solutions
- Obtain photographs, measurements, and occasionally sketch buildings using Home PC or Laptop with Windows 7 or newer, High Speed Internet access (utilizing Internet Explorer as the browser), digital camera, camera pole, and a measuring wheel.
Qualified consultants possess the following:
- Experience inspecting dwellings in any of the following capacities: insurance, real estate, mortgage
- Thorough understanding of Property and Liability insurance coverages
- Good communication and exceptional writing skills
- Ability to travel within a reasonable territory
- Ability to observe condition of residential properties to determine if hazards affecting insurance premium are adequately controlled