Wounded Warrior Project
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Soldier Ride Specialist - Operations - Colorado Springs, CO
at Wounded Warrior Project
- Soldier Ride
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Soldier Ride Specialist – Operations facilitates the event operational planning for WWP Soldier Ride events, which are three-to-five full-day rides with adaptive and standard cycling equipment provided and geared towards warriors of all abilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Soldier Ride team to plan, organize, coordinate, and facilitate events, under management supervision.
- Coordinate with Travel and Events in proper programmatic event set within WWP systems.
- Coordinate with Travel and Events team for Soldier Ride event logistics, ensuring appropriate hotels, meals, and warrior travel accommodations, including required contracts and BEOs.
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain relationships within Soldier Ride event cities and with associated vendors, including ordering, maintaining, and distributing promotional items as needed.
- Act as liaison between hotel and WWP while onsite for events.
- Coordinate with WWP teammates and community partners to promote events, e.g., with strategic partnerships and local news outlets.
- Assist team members with hotel and ground transportation and event and ride set-up.
- Push cyclists using adaptive sports equipment.
- Assist to coordinate and monitor event timelines.
- Coach warriors during group cycling events.
- Instruct warriors in road and mountain biking.
- Instruct warriors in skiing and snowboarding.
- Establish effective working relationships and work collaboratively with WWP teammates.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 50 pounds.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to coach warriors to help them achieve their goals.
- Ability to travel in support of WWP programs and services.
- Demonstrated ability to push cyclists using adaptive sports equipment through Soldier Rides.
- Demonstrated intermediate-level road and mountain biking abilities.
- Good instruction skills to demonstrate and instruct basic mountain bike skills to warriors.
- Demonstrated intermediate-level skiing or snowboarding abilities.
- Good organizational and time management skills. Effectively complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals and build effective working relationships. Demonstrated emotional intelligence. Ability to respond to sensitive matters with diplomacy and empathy. Demonstrated ability to build rapport with warriors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office software, e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years of road and mountain biking experience at the intermediate level.
- Two years of business or administrative experience.
- Must be able to travel between 25% - 50% of the time including overnight and weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of intermediate-level skiing or snowboarding experience.
- Three years of experience demonstrating and instructing basic mountain biking.
- Two years of group cycling experience, including coaching warriors and pushing cyclists using adaptive sports equipment.
- Two years of experience working with military or veteran populations.
- Public speaking experience.
Certifications & Licensure
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.