Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If so, Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers & Architects, is currently seeking a qualified Construction Inspector for our Colorado Springs office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attends various meetings as needed related to construction projects.
- Must know the Standard Specifications for road and other transportation construction in Colorado and their application.
- Completes lap reports on soil, concrete, rock and other testing.
- Must have experience working with the DOT and thoroughly understand their requirements and expectations for projects.
- Monitors concrete and soil field testing as well as other on-site testing when needed.
- Must coordinate and monitor testing of asphalt and aggregate.
- Answers inquiries and complaints from residents. Must be able to be a good communicator.
- Must know how to scale and measure distances.
- Must obtain measurements and report progress information and place on an Inspector's Daily Report (IDR).
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with the plans and specifications for the job to be inspected.
- Checks materials before installation.
- Points out potential problems to the contractor and project engineers, and keeps project engineer and supervisor informed of progress of project.
- Must be able to read and understand construction plans, blueprints and maps.
- Must be able to follow and carry out specific instructions on an independent basis and oversee/review the work of others on-site.
- Must have basic math skills to compute quantities and costs when requested.
- Must be able to interpret and implement company mandated safety policies.
- Must have an ability to operate a level and have an understanding of cut and fills and elevations for grades.
- Performing construction inspection and testing on a number of different projects
- Ability to handle large projects and work independently on job site
- Ability to monitor several types of work activity and record daily contractor work activities
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally and coordinate with the owner and contractor
- Disciplined individual who maintains accurate, timely and descriptive records of daily, weekly and monthly construction progress.
- 6+ years of construction experience
- Colorado Department of Transportation Certified Inspector Training Program Certifications a plus
Wilson & Company is a comprehensive project service firm with a very productive and rewarding history. Higher Relationships makes us a great company. “Ownership”, “Collaboration”, “Discipline”, “Intensity”, and “Solutions” define the qualities of Higher Relationships. Wilson & Company stands out from the competition through our commitment to you. We achieve success through shared ownership of the challenges, expectations, and missions of our common goals. We strive to provide the best possible tools, technology, and support to help you become a more dynamic professional. The Company looks to you to develop and expand our knowledge of industries and clients. We take each relationship to the next level and look forward to building a prosperous future. We provide multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, mapping, environmental, and planning firm employing staff throughout 18 offices in 12 states. The firm was founded in 1932 and provides services to a diverse client base including federal and municipal governments, public transportation agencies, railroad companies, industrial and commercial corporations, private developers, and energy.
TO APPLY: Please visit the “Careers” area of our website to upload your resume. https://wilsonco-careers.silkroad.com/
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.