Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Volunteers of America is looking for a full-time and part-time Registered Nurses (RN) to join its team in Laurel Manor in Colorado Springs, Co!
The RN role is to utilize the nursing process in planning and providing direct care to residents as assigned. As a leader in the organization, the nurse will be the person "in charge" according to the Nurse Practice Act.
* Provides leadership and direction in the assigned unit
* Open communication with all staff, customers, guests, residents and families.
* Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding monitoring of vital signs, weights, administration of medications and treatments.
* Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy.
* Accurately utilizes electronic systems of documentation as required per facility policy.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
1. Current license in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
2. Current CPR Certification.
3. Maintenance of required CEU's.
4. Experience in long-term care preferred.
5. Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
6. Demonstrates leadership ability.
7. Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
8. Ability to prioritize duties.
9. Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
10. Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
11. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
12. Must be a team player.
13. Understanding of current Antibiotic Stewardship, Infection Prevention and Infection Control and OSHA guidelines.