Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
at Volunteers of America
Volunteers of America is looking for full-time and part-time Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to join its team at Laurel Manor in Colorado Springs, CO!
The LPN role shall perform in accordance with state and local laws and within the guidelines of his/her professional organization.
* Role models positive & open communication skills with all staff, customers, guests, residents and families.
* Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding monitoring of vital signs, weights, administration of medications and treatments.
* Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy.
* Accurately utilizes electronic systems of documentation as required per facility policy.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
1. Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of practice. Maintain a current CPR Certification.
2. Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
3. Ability to prioritize duties.
4. Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
5. Ability to understand residents' charts, doctor's orders, residents' plan of care, medication orders.
6. Must possess the ability to effectively gather clinical data in regards to resident status and condition.
7. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
8. Maintain IV Certification if required in the state of practice.
9. Understanding of current Antibiotic Stewardship, Infection Prevention & Infection Control and OSHA guidelines.