Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer - PT - Higher Education - Parker CO
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight
Essential Job Functions
- Develop programs to promote a safe, secure, and service-oriented campus environment for students, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors to the College
- Develop a community policing/security model that is built on a foundation of interpersonal engagement with students, faculty, and staff
- Implement methods and practices that will assess the effectiveness of the Program’s various components
- Conducts regular staff meetings, provides leadership to the Public Safety department. Plans, develops and coordinates Public Safety operational guidelines, policies/procedures, manuals and programs
- Meets regularly/as needed with members of College’s Campus Safety department to build and maintain a positive and effective working relationship.
- Provides oversight and develops the campus public safety annual budget; forecasts funding needs for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; ensure accurate financial record keeping;
- Monitors public safety conditions, conducts ongoing analysis of data received from external and internal sources and advises administration on appropriate risk mitigation strategies;
- Collaborates with various departments, external stakeholders and first responders, in the intelligence gathering and security planning of unplanned and planned campus events;
- Serve as incident management or other appropriate role in support of the command and control of any security or safety components of planned or unplanned campus events;
- Works closely with campus emergency management services and staff;
- Develop a robust crime prevention program including proactive educational sessions for students, preventive theft measures, ongoing assessment of environmental conditions, etc.;
- Works closely with a multidisciplinary team of institutional leaders to create a comprehensive culture of campus safety that supports the developmental and educational goals of the college;
- Develop strategy, protocols and initiatives to incorporate technology, where applicable, efficient, and effective, into the various components of the Department’s operations;
- Assists the Emergency Management Coordinator to evaluate the College’s disaster /emergency preparedness plans and training. Apprises the College leadership of incidents, emergencies or crisis that may affect the campus community including; but not limited to, the students, visitors, faculty, staff, facility operations, or having a fiscal or reputational impact;
- Maintains all required federal, state and local crime reports working in close communication with Campus Safety Has knowledge of, and assures compliance with federal, state and local laws, and regulations that affect campus public safety in a higher education environment including, but not inclusive to the Jeanne Clery Act, Violence Against Women Act, FERPA, DFSCA and Title IX;
- Reviews all campus incidents. Directs necessary investigations and follow up activities in order to resolve complaints and/or address violations of law or policy;
- Selects and implements all required training for Public Safety personnel including those required for first aid, fire safety, the legal aspects of their responsibilities, community policing model, and other duties;
- Maintains a department structure to effectively accomplish the College’s strategic plan, goals, and objectives;
- On-campus availability and high visibility during routine work hours, evenings, weekends, special events, and holidays, as necessary, to fulfill position requirements;
- Higher Education campus community experience.
- An understanding of student life and the needs/issues of a campus community, including outreach and inclusion with marginalized populations, youth development, plus special and sports events management experience.
- Demonstrated passion for community policing and a commitment to campus safety and security
- Experience in the area of Emergency Management plan development and execution, plus a track record of conducting trainings for a multitude of stakeholders
- Demonstrated proficiency in emerging technology related to community policing, security and emergency management.
- Qualified in CPR, AED and basic first aid.
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 160,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! ?You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is seeking Professional Security Officers. Our Security Officers allow us to contribute to our company’s core purpose of providing unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses of our communities.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Able to obtain a valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying. We will provide free training for any hires who do not possess a card/license
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
In the Security Industry, a Professional Security Officer may be required to possess a guard card/license depending on the state in which they are employed. The guard card/license is paid for by the owner of the license and becomes the property of that individual.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.