United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate competency in the following:
Knowledge and competency with a GE 9800 C-arm and pain management radiology.
Maintain C-Arm logs UTD.
Strong teamwork skills, utilizing "down time" to perform other assigned tasks including room turnovers.
1.Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate competency in the following:
2.Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating x ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body as specified by physician; adjust equipment for proper exposure, voltage and current in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
3. Position patients for each anatomical view specified using immobilization and protective devices as required; report any changes in patient condition to attending medical staff.
4.Monitor accessory equipment and assist attending physician with fluoroscopic examinations and special radiographic studies.
5.Record amount and type of film exposed; label film with identifying information; sort as required.
6.Consult with lead x-ray tech and radiologist to ensure compliance with established standards of quality.
7.Process film in accordance with standardized procedures and maintain assigned work area in clean and orderly condition.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Technology.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience preferred.
- Licensed in the State of New Jersey to perform diagnostic radiology.
- Knowledgeable of local, state, federal and AAAHC Regulations.
- Must possess independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
Familiarity with medical terminology and departmental supply items is required.
Education and Experience:
1-2 years experience in C-Arm in operating room setting.