United States Olympic Committee
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern, U.S. Paralympics
at United States Olympic Committee
U.S. Paralympics, a division of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee, is dedicated to becoming the world leader in the Paralympic Movement and promoting excellence in the lives of people with Paralympic-eligible impairments, including physical disabilities and visual impairments.
We constantly strive towards achieving sustained competitive excellence while demonstrating the values of the Movement, thereby inspiring all Americans. Under the general direction of the U.S. Paralympics Sport Performance Team, the U.S. Paralympics Intern will have the opportunity to assist with the daily operations, ongoing programming and organizational strategies that impact that goal.
We are seeking an intern to assist with the daily operations and ongoing programming of the department. This role will:
- Provide event logistics support and on-site operational assistance for U.S. Paralympics competitions, camps, event and other activities
- Support U.S. Paralympics staff and High Performance Directors in the composition and dissemination of information to relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to divisional and organizational strategies and the accomplishment of objectives therein
Essential Job Functions
Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist U.S. Paralympics Sport Performance Team with day to day operations and ongoing programing.
- Assist with travel and logistics for U.S. Paralympics programs to competitions, camps, events and other scheduled activities.
- Assist with on-site event logistics and operations.
- Compose tracking and reporting material required to support program activities.
- Collect and catalog information on identified developing athletes, including impairment research information and competition results, news and awards.
- Assist in management of team clothing and equipment.
- Assist with the inventory and dissemination of promotional items.
- Respond to athlete and coach inquiries.
- Conduct sports performance research for U.S. Paralympics High Performance Directors.
- Assist with international competitive analysis data collection and results management.
- Provide ongoing support of the Paralympic Sport Club program including collection of reports, annual year end survey, and support of event needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Educational requirements: enrolled in a bachelor's degree program at the junior or senior level status or enrolled in a master's degree program
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Passion for sport and the ideals of the Olympic and Paralympic Movements.
- Sport experience preferred (e.g., active in competitive/intramural sports).
- Must be eligible to work in the USA.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Willingness to participate in the full internship program.
- Standard office equipment
- Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Adobe
- Proficiency with internet search capabilities, telecommunications equipment, fax machine, copier, etc.
Office environment in multi-story building on multi-building site
Colorado Springs Downtown Headquarters
Hourly Pay Rate
$12.45 per hour
January 6, 2020 - May 29, 2020
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL OCTOBER 18, 2019