United States Olympic Committee
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Director, Collegiate Partnerships
at United States Olympic Committee
Assist with strategic relationships involving collegiate and Olympic & Paralympic stakeholders (NGBs, colleges, conferences, NCAA, etc.). Manage programming between the USOPC and schools with national team athletes, oversee pilot programs to help NGBs entrench and grow Olympic & Paralympic sports programs at the college level, and execute various sport-specific research/best practices projects. Duties also include support strategic initiatives driven by the USOPC Collegiate Advisory Council.
Duties & Responsibilities
National Team collegiate Athlete Support (35%)
- Cultivate and manage the roster of national team collegiate athletes.
- Recruit and engage collegiate leaders to collaborate and support national team collegiate athletes.
- Establish and execute internal operations for managing the USOPC relationship with schools/NGBs regarding national team collegiate athlete needs (communication protocols, tools/information sharing etc.).
- Engage annually with college-centric NGBs to inventory/understand national team demands (schedules, training, resources) facing collegiate athletes and develop a strategy to aid athletes in competing in both systems.
- Regularly attend USOPC sport performance meetings and collaborate to manage support/resources requested/utilized by national team collegiate athletes.
- Maintain records of resources provided and utilized by national team collegiate athletes.
NGB Collegiate Strategy Support (35%)
- Annually engage in pilot programming with select NGBs to explore effective collegiate collaboration tactics and/or strategic planning.
- Monitor and build best practices documents/tools for collegiate and NGB stakeholders striving to entrench and grow Olympic & Paralympic sports programs within the collegiate landscape.
- Conduct necessary research projects to aid in advancing sports at the collegiate level (e.g., data-driven reports, athlete feedback and impact projections).
- Serve as a supporting liaison to the NGB/Athlete Collegiate Working Group and manage related meeting preparations.
Collegiate Alliance Support (30%)
- Collaborate with the director to construct strategic plans and execute regulatory projects initiated by the USOPC Collegiate Advisory Council.
- Assist with projects, communications and relationship building with collegiate leadership organizations (Women Leaders, NACDA, coaching associations, etc.).
- Provide event management support for departmental participation at collegiate meetings/events.
- Assist with other departmental priorities as assigned (Olympic & Paralympic Games, communications, collegiate campaign support, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in collegiate athletics or Olympic & Paralympic Movement
- Knowledge of the Olympic & Paralympic Movement and collegiate athletics system
- Experience in data management, strategic planning, and executive-level communications
- Experience with engaging/communicating among various stakeholders
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills to collaborate with various stakeholders, ranging from athletes to high-level executives
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Highly developed sense of ownership and responsibility
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with an acute attention to detail
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with sensitive information
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
- Standard office equipment
- Office environment on multi-building site
- Non-traditional work hours and schedule as required
- Prolonged sitting and use of hands/wrists
- Some travel
- Some extended hours
- Regular attendance at work is an essential job function
Colorado Springs Downtown Headquarters
$65,575 - $83,280