United States Olympic Committee
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aquatics Specialist - part-time with benefits
at United States Olympic Committee
Responsible for the life and wellbeing of the users of the CSOPTC Aquatics Center as a certified Red Cross Lifeguard. Responsible for maintaining lifeguard stations, perform maintenance and custodial tasks as necessary to maintain a safe and sanitary environment. Assists with facility and equipment set-ups. Perform basic administrative tasks to assist with the daily operation of the Aquatics Center.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the oversight of facility activities and assure facility use is in compliance with established policies.
- Enforce all aquatics center policies, rules, and operating procedures.
- Take every precaution to avert potential accident situations by eliminating hazards, hazardous behavior and educating users about facility safety.
- Ensure proper medical aid and coverage is available if/when necessary.
- Assure a high level of sanitation and safety is maintained in all areas of the aquatics center environment. Assist in the maintenance and care of all Aquatics Center equipment Assist with the safe and timely set-up or tear down of aquatic equipment, technical equipment, and storage and maintenance. Be willing to learn and demonstrate a working knowledge after six months of pool operations and audio/visual components.
- Assist Aquatics Manager by performing the following administrative duties related to daily operation of the Aquatics Center including but not limited to: taking inventory of supplies and placing online orders, totaling community team dues for invoicing, creating schedules for visiting, community and resident teams, creating and sending out lap swim times and updating Aquatics Center policies and procedures under the direction of the Aquatics Manager and the Aquatics and Venues Associate Director.
- Exhibit friendly customer service to all users. Adhere to USOPC Game Plan, Core Values, and Goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Center Manager and Aquatics and Venues Associate Director.
Minimum Qualifications Required
Licensure & Certification:
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid
- Minimum of 2 years of lifeguarding experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with users and staff at all levels
- Ability to work with sport leadership
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
- Standard office equipment
- Timing/recording equipment
- PA system
- PC and related software
- Pool operation equipment
- Pool testing equipment
- Lifesaving equipment
- Video capture systems
- Aquatic training equipment
- Standard custodial equipment
- Sport facility environment
- Prolonged exposure to warm, humid environment and/or outdoor facilities
- Prolonged standing/walking/sitting
- Non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and on-call
Colorado Springs Olympic & Paralympic Training Center
Hourly Pay Range
$12.22 - $15.51