Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Kitchen
The Next Door Kitchen Manager oversees and coordinates the planning, organization, training and leadership of all BOH operations at the restaurant. The KM will ensure employees are performing their job responsibilities and manage food and labor costs for the BOH. This person supports the team in regards to strategy, policies, service, staff, and food. The KM must be a motivated and confident industry professional with the ability to manage and inspire staff, have a solid understanding of restaurant operations and have the ability to bring creative solutions to the table. This person will help maintain an exciting, inviting and progressive restaurant environment and must be passionate about our philosophy that ingredients should be consciously sourced to ensure the highest quality results.
- Oversee and manage the Back of House and make decisions on matters of importance.
- Have a strong willingness to become part of a community that is focused on people and making connections, while also strengthening the relationships that already exist.
- Maintain an accurate plan of BOH staffing needs. Interview and hire candidates. Ability to determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
- Plan, implement and oversee BOH employee supervision, discipline, training, development and termination. Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Oversee training of new employees. Train and lead the staff in regards to all health code regulations.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and conducting performance reviews. Promote growth within the staff through leadership and positive energy. Help and inspire each employee to reach their greatest potential.
- Demonstrate integrity in all areas, both personal and professional. Instill trust and dependability amongst the staff always working with a team mind set and from a place of respect. Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a harmonious working environment which is conducive to high employee morale, productivity and effectiveness.
- Lead by example and set the standards for service by maintaining discipline and structure. Constantly promote teamwork amongst the staff and management by displaying creativity, trust, dependability and respect.
- Manage shifts which include daily decision making, scheduling, product quality and cleanliness.
- Share in the restaurants vision and responsibility of being eco-conscious through sustainability and leadership in the community and industry.
- Ensure that all financial and personnel duties for the BOH are completed accurately, on time, and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to company standards and projected growth by maintaining all costs associated with BOH.
- Input/update declining budget information every shift and submit to Culinary Director by week end; maintain and stabilize an actual food cost that is within 2% of the theoretical food cost at Next Door.
- Conduct inventory on a weekly basis.
- Enter invoices into Compeat daily.
- Ensure a safe working environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Work with GM to investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen. Ensure compliance with operational standards, health department regulations and all federal/state/local laws. Always follow and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Execute and submit weekly manager safety checklist to Culinary Director.
- Ensure consistent high quality of food preparation and service; ensure that all batch and menu item recipes are followed correctly including proper portioning, cooking, plating and product rotation as outlined in Compeat while ensuring resources to BOH staff are available for compliance.
- Ensure line checks are executed every shift prior to every service to ensure quality, consistency and appropriate pars of products.
- Ensure forecasted schedule is submitted to Culinary Director for review prior to posting.
- Attend weekly chef calls organized by Culinary Director and communicate pertinent information with employees accordingly.
- Organize/deliver pre-shift huddles with BOH and FOH employees to ensure staff is informed and can best serve customers.
- Support or conduct weekly BOH management meetings for supervisors.
- Complete job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with the restaurant’s standards. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing nature.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Pleasant, polite manner and neat professional appearance.
- Able to handle pressure of coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supervisory position for a full-service, high volume, urban casual dining restaurant or other food and beverage establishment with a similar capacity and clientele.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as needed.