Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Kitchen
Next Door is an urban casual American eatery dedicated to serving delicious, real food made from scratch and sourced from American farmers. The Floor Manager helps lead the successful FOH operations and create an environment of fun, warm and relaxed hospitality. The right person will have excellent interpersonal skills to build rapport with employees and guests and be energetic and passionate about the restaurant industry with the ability to manage and inspire staff. The Floor Manager thrives in a fast-paced environment and understands what it takes to succeed in a dynamic restaurant. This person must have experience managing people and be passionate about our philosophy that ingredients should be consciously sourced to ensure the highest quality results.
- Lead the FOH staff in the successful operation of service while embodying the restaurant’s values and culture. Act as General Manager when General Manager is not present in the restaurant.
- Train, supervise and manage all FOH staff, direct work assignments and allocate tasks. Determine the systems to be used to maintain proper service standards.
- Monitor and encourage development of staff skills. Enforce company policies, including policies relating to conduct of staff. Appraise FOH staff productivity and efficiency. Evaluate employee performance, provide feedback to employees and discipline employees as necessary. Help and inspire each employee to reach their greatest potential.
- Assist with candidate interviews, new-hire selection and recommendations for hiring, firing, advancement and promotion of FOH staff.
- Create a positive work environment for all FOH staff. Promote cohesive teamwork between all employees. Receive complaints or grievances from FOH staff and resolve disputes when they arise.
- Provide an extraordinary customer service experience by making good management decisions based on knowledge, training and resources provided by the restaurant.
- Open and close the restaurant. Manage service approximately five shifts each week.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, health department regulations and all federal/state/local laws. Always follow and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Communicate service standards, procedures and systems to FOH staff. Ensure all staff is operating in strict accordance with the restaurant’s recipes and standards.
- Prepare and send daily reports at the end of each shift.
- Perform manager specific duties as assigned, including management of beer, liquor, and wine programs, scheduling and staff education.
- Communicate with Head Chef and/or Chef on Duty about all kitchen-related issues, menu changes and updates relating to service.
- Control the flow of service.
- Deal with guest complaints as necessary.
- Develop business management and accounting skills by training with AGM and GM; prepare for the AGM role as the next position with the company.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing nature.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong computer skills; experience with Microsoft Excel and Word, Aloha POS, Hot Schedules preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supervisory position for a full-service, high volume, urban casual dining restaurant or other food and beverage establishment with a similar capacity and clientele.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as needed.