Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Kitchen
Next Door is an urban casual American eatery dedicated to serving delicious, real food made from scratch and sourced from American farmers. The dishwasher is responsible for the organization and cleanliness of the dish area and helps with additional BOH duties as needed. Our dishwashers support the team and help to create and maintain an exciting, inviting and progressive environment. This person should be a high-energy, enthusiastic individual who will help to foster connections with friends, family and the community through service, food and drink. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, eager to learn and adaptable. We offer a unique, fun environment with the opportunity to grow within the company.
- Responsible for organization, cleanliness, sanitation & maintenance of the dishes, dish area and related machinery per regulations of the Health Department and the standards of cleanliness put forth by the restaurant.
- Wash, sanitize and organize small wares, dishes, glasses, silverware and cooking supplies.
- Maintain cleanliness in the kitchen, dish service area and storage areas.
- Restock kitchen supplies; notify management when running low on inventory.
- Assist with cleaning and maintenance of the restaurant; sweep and clean floors.
- Sort and remove trash. Clean garbage cans.
- Help unload deliveries and store supplies. Restock supplies throughout restaurant as needed.
- Assist with proper opening and closing of the restaurant. Perform related work as requested.
- Ability to perform objectives in a timely and efficient manner with a focus on quality.
- Communication with the Chef and/or Manager on Duty about all kitchen related issues.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent standards of cleanliness.
- Superior temperament, adaptable nature and good communication skills.
- Motivated professional with a love for taking care of others.
- Demonstrate integrity in all areas, both personal and professional.
- Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team and communicate clearly.