The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher GED Basic Adult Education
at The Geo Group
Facility: CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN(CMRC)
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maintains a classroom environment that facilitates the teaching of Adult Basic Education, English Language Development, and Special Education and basic subjects required to pass the GED or equivalent examination. Teaches one or more subjects including, but not limited to reading, mathematics, and language arts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides classroom instruction in the areas of basic education subjects including career planning, social adjustment, and general life skills information.
- Provides individual needs and placement assessments from TABE scores, IQ scores, and completed GED work.
- Develops and designs individualized education plans.
- May instruct conversational English, and ideas and customs in English to students with limited English proficiency.
- Maintains records including testing, daily inmate/detainee work, attendance and general record keeping.
- Evaluates and maintains inmate/detainee academic progress.
- Provides individual tutoring.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Two (2) years of relevant teaching experience with an emphasis on adult education.
- Must possess a Adult Basic Education Authorization (ABEA) valid teaching license from the State Department of Education or comparable authority required.
- Documented knowledge of adult education theory.
- Familiarity with standard adult education assessment tools, especially the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in previous professional roles.
- Ability to create an inclusive classroom environment conducive to students from multiple diverse identities.
- Ability to make curriculum culturally relevant to diverse student populations.