The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN(CMRC)
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is a part time position. Hours will be up to 16 per week and required to work 2 shifts per pay period. There is some flexibility with what days/shifts are available. However, employee must be willing and available for day, swings, graves, and weekends.
This position evaluates and provides comprehensive nursing care in a correctional setting while observing and maintaining both safety and security of the patient.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Functions within scope of Registered Nurse licensure at all times.
- Utilizes therapeutic communication skills and effective interviewing techniques to elicit pertinent information.
- Performs thorough, systematic and accurate physical assessments.
- Implements professional nursing services in a thorough and competent manner in accordance with stands, rules, and protocols policies and procedures.
- Administers medication in a safe and efficient manner consistent with prescribed orders, rules, protocols, policies and procedures as necessary.
- Responds to medical emergencies with emergency equipment in immediate manner per policies and procedures.
- Initiates appropriate treatment and/or medications in emergency situations based on assessment and in accordance with standards, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Utilizes problem oriented medical record system (SOAP format) to document all patient contacts.
- Responsible for implementation of physician’s orders.
- Performs a complete health history and physical assessment as required. Perform a complete physical assessment and medical history as required on each inmate entering the correctional system. Any medical problems are referred to the physician for evaluation.
- Formulates nursing care plan on all inmate/patients.
- Reports significant alterations in patient’s status/symptoms/body systems to Clinical Associate/Physician/Charge Nurse immediately.
- Evaluates the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of care rendered, medications and treatments.
- Reports significant incidents/unusual occurrences and/or post-exposure events to Director of Nursing/Health Services Administrator/Medical Director immediately.
- Maintains all logs and keys per policies and procedures.
- Performs sick calls and conducts infirmary rounds.
- Maintains accurate counts of narcotics and sharps instruments each shift; when required.
- Checks emergency equipment and document each shift.
- Communicates significant information to the on-coming nurses.
- Participates actively in the orientation process of new nursing staff.
- Attends monthly meetings.
- Completes a minimum of twelve (12) hours of continuing education, annually.
- Attends and completes forty (forty) hours facility annual “On the Job’ training.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current State licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- Basic Life Support certification.
- Three years of correctional health care experience.
- Knowledge of federal, state, correctional health care standards and institutional regulations and guidelines in the provision of contract services.
- Administrative planning and leadership skills.
- Knowledge or organizational structure, workflow, and institutional operating procedures.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and administration in a correctional facility.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range or constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of contracting process and associated federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to supervise and train employees to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Good visual and auditory acuity for monitoring resident behavior.