Service Corporation International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cemetery Services Specialist
at Service Corporation International
- Associate Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Cemetery Maintenance
Overview & Responsibilities
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently have a full time opening for a Cemetery Services Specialist at Imperial Funeral Home in Pueblo, CO. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Participates in openings and closings for interments, entombments, inurnments, and disinterment as well as the installation of memorials and markers. Performs grounds and facilities maintenance.
- Performs openings & closings for burials, entombments and inurnments.
- Sets, installs, and assembles foundations, memorials, and markers.
- Installs outer burial containers.
- Handles and completes work orders from client families as it pertains to individual grave and marker maintenance.
- Responds to and completes requests for service/work orders
- Conducts Interment Verification Procedures.
- Conducts 25 foot radius preparation for burials and ensures the area is clean and neat
- Fills grave, tamps, seeds or sods
- Adheres to all Company safety rules and Universal Precautions.
- Maintains and protects Company assets by performing regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Completes Dignity University courses and other training as assigned.
- Adheres to all standards of the Dignity Memorial Promise.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School degree or equivalent
- Minimum of six (6) months experience operating standard equipment
- Acceptable driving record and applicable license(s) to operate equipment/vehicles
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to operate hand-held tools and equipment, including, but not limited to a shovel, pick, rake, sledge hammer, lawn mower, weed trimmer, leaf blower, chain saw and pump
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment including, but not limited to, a dump truck, tractor, utility vehicle, marker trailed, dump trailer, jack hammer, tamper and backhoe
- Ability to accurately use measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, yard stick, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow associates, contractor personnel and client families Ability to lift heavy objects up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work in various adverse weather conditions
- Understands safety and security issues and implications
- Mechanical aptitude
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral discounts, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V