Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Management Intern
at SAVAGE COMPANIES
- Job ID
- Employment Type
- Temporary Full-Time
- Corporate & Internship
Our Vision & Legacy statement outlines the Savage Brothers’ vision for ensuring perpetual success. It includes a commitment to providing opportunities for people “to do things that they never dreamed possible.” This statement is especially significant for our Interns who will have the opportunity to work on real world projects enabling both Savage and themselves to be better tomorrow than they are today.
Our Operations Management Intern will work with our on-site operations management team located in Pueblo, CO on various assignments that will require an assortment of analytical, interpersonal, engineering, maintenance and general business/life skills. This is a first-hand opportunity to be embedded in an industrial operation that will provide valuable operating experience, particularly for those interested in pursuing a management career path. This internship will be for summer, 2020 and will include extended stay housing for out of area candidates.
Why being a Savage Intern is Compelling:
- Savage provides services for multiple industries throughout North America and internationally, with an aggressive and disciplined growth strategy
- Interns have long-term career potential with a variety of opportunities in multiple industries and locations throughout Savage
- Interns are competitively paid
- Interns experience being a part of real-world operations and related business management solutions
- The opportunity to work with a company founded on principles of honesty, integrity and team member growth
- Career paths open to consistent development and growth
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Annual business planning support
- Participation in Quality Control Program appraisals
- Project Management support
- Contract review and application
- DOT Compliance support
- Other assignments as needed/presented during the internship
- Ability to spend extended periods of time outdoors, ascend/descend stairs, ladders, walkways, etc., in an industrial setting
- Wear personal protective equipment including safety boots, glasses, gloves, hearing & respiratory protection as needed
- Ability to work as part of a team, with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical thinking skills
- Some work or intern exposure to construction, general labor, mining, manufacturing, etc. preferred
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s Degree program with a focus on Engineering, Business Management or related field
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Moderate Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills with the ability to learn in-house computer systems
With more than 70 years of experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency and creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible. To learn more, visit www.savageservices.com.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.