Rocky Mountain SER
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician - Pueblo, CO
at Rocky Mountain SER
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician for a head start program in Pueblo, Colorado. This position is a regular Full-Time Year-round position. This is a regular position - eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a generous paid time off allowance.
Provides preventative maintenance on and in Rocky Mountain SER Head Start facilities to meet licensing standards and requirements in accordance with appropriate policies, procedures, and standards of repair and maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works under direct supervision of the Maintenance / Transportation Coordinator in determining priorities and methodology for repair and maintenance.
- Completes work orders submitted by staff members (painting, minor plumbing, carpentry, electrical, etc.)
- Determines materials needed, completes purchase orders and carries out repairs and maintenance.
- Develops service vendor relationships for economical and effective service repair.
- Is responsible for the pick-up and delivery of merchandise, supplies and equipment.
- Is first “on call” to respond to burglar alarm company, fire department, etc.
- Assists the administration at grantee office on occasions with a variety of duties (pick-up and delivery of donations, heavy moving tasks, etc.)
- Provides basic instruction to center staff in routine preventative maintenance regarding care of vacuum cleaners, micro-convection ovens, simple plumbing fixtures, etc.
- Performs routine landscaping / yard maintenance such as mowing lawns, trimming shrubs and trees, maintaining sprinkling systems. Coordinates maintenance services with other individuals / agencies such as landlords, maintenance personnel, etc.
- Assists with special projects / activities.
- Staff must submit an initial medical statement, signed and dated by a licensed physician or other health care professional, verifying that the employee is in good mental, physical, and emotional health appropriate for their position. This statement must be dated no more than 6 months prior to employment or within 30 days after the date of employment.
- Staff must submit a subsequent medical statement every 3 years.
- Staff must be current for all immunizations routinely recommended for adults by their health care provider.
- Staff must submit the results of a Tuberculosis Test within 30 days after the date of employment. Subsequent testing requirements must be submitted as required in writing by a physician or other health care professional.
- Employees are responsible for obtaining the medical statement and TB test results.
- Employees working in licensed facilities must obtain a finger print card for submission to Colorado Bureau of Investigation within 5 days of employment. The cost for the submission to CBI is the responsibility of Rocky Mtn. SER. If you have lived in Colorado fewer than 24 months your fingerprints will be sent to the FBI.A criminal record check will be performed pursuant to 7.701.33 of the General Rules for Child Care Facilities for the state of Colorado. Staff whose background check is not in compliance with the regulations will be terminated. Staff must submit a request for review of the Central Registry of Child Protection within 10 days of employment.
- Any staff who observes or has become aware of a situation that could result in a safety hazard for the children, other staff members and Head Start parents admitted to the facilities, is required to notify his/her supervisor immediately.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Requires a minimum of 2 years previous maintenance and repair experience
- Valid Driver’s license
- Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, heat, carpentry, light and power repair procedures as well as painting, concrete work, etc.