Pueblo Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor - Broadcasting & production Technology
at Pueblo Community College
A complete application package consists of:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial (Copy of) Transcripts
- Application (Completed Online)
The purpose of this announcement is to gather information from individuals interested in being an instructor (part-time) within this program. This employment is on a course by course basis. Individuals are usually assigned to one, or more, classes for a single semester, based on program needs. These positions are not eligible for employee benefits through the college. As these assignments are to fill a temporary part-time need, there is no guarantee of future employment. There may, or may not, be instructor positions currently available. The Faculty Chair may, at his or her discretion, contact you when instructor opportunities become available, based on your education, background, experience, and availability.
***** Do not submit any employment materials directly to Department Chair, or other employees within this program. All applicant materials must be submitted through this employment site for tracking purposes. Additionally, please do not contact the Department Chair concerning availability of current teaching opportunities. They will contact you if an opportunity is available for which you may be qualified. *****
About the Program
Audio and Video Equipment Technicians, Broadcast and Sound Engineering, Broadcast Technicians, and Film and Video Editors are just some of the employment opportunities that you will have upon earning this certificate. According to Department of Labor the average hourly wage in Colorado is $24.51, with a national projection of 9% growth through 2022.
Career Options Include:
- Audio and Video Equipment Technicians
- Broadcast Technicians
- Sound Engineering Technicians
- Film and Video Editors
This program teaches students to apply the concepts and principles of broadcasting production in the changing field of multi-media production.
This certificate easily segues into the AGS degree in Mass Communications, in which you can select broadcasting as an emphasis in a transfer degree.
This position specifically exists to provide classroom, laboratory, or related instruction under the supervision of the Department Chair and is responsible for planning and providing student instruction in accordance with approved syllabi, curriculum guidelines, and required program standards. Instructor must adhere to the laws, policies, procedures, rules, and applications which govern and affect the college, including the fiscal rules of the State of Colorado.
From the Media Communications Chair
- What are the degree requirements someone would have to fulfill to teach within your program?
- What discipline? Broadcast Television, Mass Communications
- What level (AA, BA, MA, PHD, etc.)? Bachelor's Degree, or higher
- Are there any certifications required to teach in your program? Eligible for CTE Credentialing
- Credentialing Guidelines: http://www.coloradostateplan.com/criteria_postsecond.htm
- Are there any licenses required to teach in your program? No
- Are there any other minimum qualifications an individual would need to instruct in your program? Expertise in both live and scripted television broadcast productions. Ability electronic media, studio equipment, and gathering media assets with various electronic equipment. Experience in the Adobe Creative Suite. Expertise in Premier and/or Final Cut Pro. Seeking candidates with sound business knowledge and creative aptitude. Previous teaching experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Is there any information you would like potential applicants to be aware of as they are considering submitting an application to instruct in your program? No
- Other than minimum requirements, are there any other items that you would want to have submitted as part of an application packet for an instructor position (i.e. sample work, teaching plan, teaching philosophy, etc.)? Portfolio showing evidence of viable applications of above qualifications
Pueblo, Colorado, United States