Platte Canyon School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Platte Canyon School District
Openings as of 10/16/2019
- Computer Technician JobID: 618
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer/printer hardware and the ability to make minor repairs to this equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer operating systems and application software and the ability to correct problems or re-install software as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to assist administrative and instructional staff in basic computer and printer operations.
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds and perform moderately strenuous tasks (e.g. carrying computer equipment up and down stairs) and to climb ladders to access equipment and wiring.
- Demonstrated ability to use hand tools and diagnostic equipment.
Job Summary: Computer Technician
Primary Function: This is a first-level support position. The person filling this position will be responsible for offering support to end users. The successful candidate will be team oriented, possess an excellent troubleshooting ability and have a strong desire to learn new things. This is an at will employee.
Salary: Initial placement on 2019-2020 Board Approved Salary Schedule $13.00/hr - .30 FTE (2 days per week)
Primary Function: Maintain efficiently operating computers and assist with system installation and repairs as assigned by the Technology Director.
(See Policy 607)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain computers and printers at specific locations (schools, labs, etc.) as assigned by the Technology Director.
2. Provide assistance to staff in basic computer operations and in resolving minor computer problems at specific locations as assigned by the Technology Director
3. Diagnose problems and repair computer hardware as assigned by the Technology Director.
4. Install software as assigned by the Technology Director.
5. Attend training classes as assigned by the Director and read technical publications and periodicals in order to stay abreast of technological developments.
6. Be familiar with and abide by Federal and Colorado laws, Board of Education policies, District Regulations, and school procedures that relate to employment with the District. (See Policy 307, Article 1 – Staff Responsibilities.)
7. Perform additional/other technology services as assigned by the Technology Director.
Reports to: Technology Director (See Policy 607)
Apply Online at www.plattecanyonschools.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Platte Canyon School District
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Colorado law, the Platte Canyon School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in admissions or access to its programs and services, or employment in the educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures for Title IX and Section 504 have been established for students, parents and employees. Compliance Officers have been assigned to coordinate compliance activities for the District. Written complaints of alleged discrimination should be addressed to one of the following individuals at the Platte Canyon School District, 57393 U.S. Highway 285, Bailey, Colorado 80421.
For employment-related complaints:
Mike Schmidt, Superintendent – District Compliance Officer