Pikes Peak Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adjunct Instructor - Economics
at Pikes Peak Community College
Adjunct instructors (part-time instructors) are needed to teach one or more sections of Economics per semester. Adjunct instructors work under the direction of their respective Department Chairs and Division Dean/Associate Deans and are responsible for meeting all scheduled classes/labs/clinics and providing instruction in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of the college and the Department Chairs approved course outline. Adjunct instructors are also responsible for using teaching methods and media designed to reach students of varying educational and experiential backgrounds to allow each student the opportunity to master the objectives of the course.
Pikes Peak Community College maintains a pool of qualified adjunct instructors. Adjunct instructors will be selected to support departmental requirements. Adjunct instructors may be employed to teach courses, conduct presentations or other service activities when current instructors and faculty are not available.
- Master's degree with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in Economics
- Teaching experience
- Master's degree in Economics
- Experience teaching Economics
Salary is $54.63 per contact hour. Positions open until filled.
Note: Prior submission of application materials will not be considered.
- Meet all scheduled classes/labs/clinics and providing instruction in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of the college and the Department Chair's approved course outline.
- Use teaching methods and media designed to reach students of varying educational and experiential backgrounds to allow each student the opportunity to master the objectives of the course.
- Inform students of course requirements through a course syllabus, including: specific objectives, means of attaining objectives, and methods of instruction and grading.
- Evaluate students on a continuing basis to allow them to be aware of their own progress.
- Maintain and submit records as required by policy and procedures.
- Recommend instructional materials, textbooks, appropriate instructional equipment, and the Library supportive reference materials.
- Promote equal opportunity education within the scope of assigned responsibilities.
- Maintain required credentials, licenses, certification as appropriate, and proficiency and up-to-date knowledge in the subject matter area.
- Demonstrated evidence and understanding of the concepts of diversity and multiculturalism and their application in the workplace.
This job description reflects Pikes Peak Community College’s best effort to describe the essential duties and qualifications of the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation.
- Teaching experience