Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Ambulatory Clinical Operations- Pediatric Health Center at Academy
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Director of Ambulatory Clinical Operations- Pediatric Health Center at Academy|
|Department Location:||Pediatric Health Center at Academy, 3205 N. Academy, Suite 100, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Manager / Professional|
Essential Functions of Director of Clinical Operations:
Summary: Directs Clinical Operations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers or supervisors. Promotes the Dyad Leadership Model through maintaining a positive working relationship with the Health Center Medical Director. Is responsible to ensure financial sustainability, Human Resource management, regulatory and compliance adherence, and sufficient clinical operational management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- Fosters and participates in the team based care model
- Assures appropriate staffing ratios, competencies are completed, certifications are maintained, organizational trainings are complete, and that all staff meet training for job specific requirements
- Facilitates the hiring, orientation, and training process for new employees or existing staff
- Monitors attendance, approves timecards, and manages time off requests
- Remains competent with electronic practice management system and is responsible for daily templates, maintaining provider schedules, and ensures appropriate timely documentation is completed
- Provides oversight for provider empanelment composition
- Responsible for oversight with Process Improvement/Quality Improvement activities utilizing regulatory agencies benchmarking with collaborative departments and partners
- Schedules meetings, formulates agendas, facilitates and maintains minutes, and participates in all meetings as assigned (e.g. team huddles, unit meetings, etc.)
- Addresses patient concerns and ensures timely follow up in collaboration with providers and care teams
- Provides vaccine program support and inventory management for all immunizations
- Assists in the development of standard operating procedures and provides support to staff while ensuring adherence
- Supports facility safety initiatives, physical plant maintenance, and maintains regulatory standards for appearance
- Serves as Ambassador for PVCHC and communicates its philosophy and mission at community functions
- Serves as an organizational advocate and liaison by acting as a lead communicator between administration and clinic staff
- Hosts and coordinates site visits, such as politicians, donors, partners, and regulatory bodies
- Collaborates with all support departments that impact the clinics operational efficiencies
- Responsible for reporting to senior level leadership to ensure that clinical operations are appropriately aligned with the PVCHC model of care delivery
- Responsible for developing a site specific annual operating plan, providing financial oversight, and monitoring all applicable budgets that align with Peak Vista’s mission and goals
- May be responsible for multiple ambulatory clinical operation sites
- All other duties as assigned
Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s Degree in health related field or business. Master’s Degree preferred.
Work Experience: Five years of healthcare and leadership experience required in practice management in either Ambulatory Care or Primary Care setting.
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 26 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Arapahoe, Elbert, and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 900 employees and serves 94,000 patients in the Pikes Peak & East Central region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com