Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dental Assistant/EDDA - Divide
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Dental Assistant/EDDA - Divide|
|Department Location:||Health Center at Divide, 34 Hybrook Road South, Divide, CO 80815|
|Category:||Nursing / Allied Health / Clinical Support|
Location: Health Center at Divide, 34 Hybrook Road, Divide, CO
Full Time Position
Starting Hourly Pay: $14.49
This job exists to: Performs those duties to assist the Clinical Dental Director (CDD), Dental Operations Director (DOD), Dentists, and Hygienists in the care and treatment of patients including proficiency with amalgam and resin restorations. Performs reception, chair-side assisting, inventory and dental records duties.
-Assist the dentist and hygienists in chair-side procedures routinely done in a general dental practice.
• Responsible for preparation and setting up of instruments, materials, and equipment necessary for each procedure. Responsible for the sterilization of instruments, and the cleaning and routine maintenance of equipment and work areas.
• Assist with front desk responsibilities as needed, including, but not limited to: 1) Scheduling and recall process; 2) reception of patients and updating patient records.
• Assist in processing encounters, billing and bookkeeping procedures.
• Identify related medical and/or social problems.
• Report inventory problems and/or supply requests to Dental Assistant Supervisor (DAS)/DOD.
• Provides exceptional customer service to make the patient encounter comfortable.
• Communicates concerns or problems with patient flow, customer service or quality assurance to DAS.
• Assist Dental Hygienist in the initiation and maintenance of the dental prevention and dental education program in an integrated medical setting.
• Assists with the training of new Dental Assistants
• Demonstrate proficiency with amalgam and resin restorations
• Maintains a safe work environment by remaining informed of and compliant with the clinic’s safety policies, and in particular by application of safe practices in area of own responsibility.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com
-High School graduate or GED required
-Graduate from dental assistant school preferred. DA Certificate required.
-EDDA certificate desired but not required.
-Current CPR certification required,
-X-ray Certification required.
-Previous dental assistant experience desired, but not required.
-Bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred.
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 26 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Arapahoe, Elbert, and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 900 employees and serves over 94,000 patients in the Pikes Peak and East Central region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.