Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Provider
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Behavioral Health Provider|
|ID:||4877 | 5504 | 5402|
|Department Location:||Multiple locations|
Be a part of the future of behavioral healthcare! Join our integrated healthcare team as a Behavioral Health Provider. The goal is to detect and address a broad spectrum of behavioral health needs in the primary care patient population with the aim of early identification, quick resolution, long-term prevention, and wellness for as many patients as possible.
Nestled in the Front Range of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center. The Peak Vista staff is a team of professional, caring individuals who are motivated, enthusiastic, respectful, energetic and committed to making a difference in the lives of our community. Behavioral Health Providers (BHPs) provide consultative assessments and short-term, follow-up interventions, while working with primary care and dental providers, as well as other members of an integrated care team. BHPs collaboratively develop and implement intervention or treatment plans using evidence-based, solution or problem-focused strategies.
We are currently hiring for: Wahsatch, Lane Health Centers, and our upcoming Mitchell Health Center.
- Provides consultative, psychosocial education, diagnostic assessment, and treatment services to patients with physical and/or mental health, substance abuse diagnoses, and co-morbid conditions
- Applies behavioral principles and other principles of change for prevention, wellness, and health behavior change
- Assists in the management of the psychosocial aspects of acute and chronic medical conditions, as well as co-managing mental disorders and life stressors
- Performs assessments of patient’s psychosocial needs and together with the patient, health/dental provider, and other members of the integrated care team assists in developing appropriate care plans
- Provides consultant services to medical and dental providers based on an integrated Primary Care Behavioral Health Consultation (PCBH) model utilizing co-visits (i.e.warm handoffs) and short-term, behavioral health 30 minute follow-ups
- Evaluates and/or revises care plan, as indicated, with appropriate documentation in medical EHR and communicates this to relevant inter-disciplinary team members
- Knowledge of the common factors and able to form therapeutic relationships with patients through collaborative goal setting. Monitors and tracks outcomes of delivered follow-up services with appropriate assessment/outcome measures
- Maintains all required EHR documentation on each patient served to ensure coordinated patient services and to help document behavioral health services
- Maintains organization and patient confidentiality (e.g. HIPPA knowledge)
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by supervisors
- Sustains productivity expectations established by supervisor
- Minimal master’s degree in clinical social work
- Currently licensed in the State of Colorado to practice as an LCSW or LPC
- Experience and/or interest in working with medically underserved populations
- Preferred experience in a medical or health care environment
Competencies & Talents:
- Mission minded and commitment to quality care
- Team oriented
- Self-starter and flexible
- Tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Demonstrates clear and concise communication (verbal and written) skills
- Generalist skills, broad knowledge base, knowledge of evidence-based treatments, and experience with diverse populations and developmental ages (as appropriate to position opening)
Frequent standing and walking, occasional long periods of sitting, moderate bending, moderate energy requirements, and frequent fine motor skills. Looking at computer screen continuously for long periods of time, hearing within normal range. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-VerifyPVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com