Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Space Operations Subject Matter Expert
at Parsons Corporation
Polaris Alpha, a Parsons Company, has emerged as a leader in the development of cutting-edge solutions for the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. Our tremendous success can be attributed to our people and our priorities. We hire the best, we make them a priority and we never lose focus on the mission. It’s why we’re here. We have built this cultural legacy by working closely with analysts and operators to understand their needs and delivering meaningful value through innovative, cost effective and intuitive software solutions.
Our Space Operations Directorate is passionate about making America the undisputed leader in Space because we understand that ensuring our nation’s security for future generations depends on it. Parsons creates game changing space solutions by teaming highly respected subject matter experts with brilliant technologists. Are you well-versed in the challenges facing our nation in the space domain? Do you have a vision for how to solve those challenges? We need your help.
Our team is looking for a Subject Matter Expert in the Space community with a background in Space Situational Awareness and Space C2. We’re specifically interested in candidates who have prior work experience in an operational environment supporting these mission areas within the Air Force or NRO. As a Space Operations Subject Matter Expert, you will utilize your domain knowledge to help develop our existing capabilities, identify and pursue new opportunities, design innovative solutions for some of the Intelligence Community’s and DoD’s toughest problems. and show them why we are the right team for the job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Becoming an authority on our Space mission solutions and core competencies
- Leveraging your domain expertise and relationships in the community to drive the development of more impactful solutions for SSA/Space C2 operators
- Working as a liaison between analysts/operators and engineers to develop functional requirements and facilitate an understanding of those requirements with technical staff
- Networking with industry and government leaders in the Space Community
- Developing and evaluating teaming opportunities with industry partners
- Leading or supporting the capture of opportunities which may include building relationships with industry partners and developing teaming strategies, developing the proposal win strategy, coordinating resources to support proposal development and directly contributing to the development of the proposal
- Learning about other capabilities across the Polaris Alpha & Parsons enterprise that could be leveraged in pursuit of new opportunities
- Assisting with the day-to-day management of programs on an as needed basis to include interfacing with customers, developing requirements, managing program financials, scheduling and reporting
- Contributing to business intelligence efforts within the Space Operations business area.
- Demonstrating Polaris Alpha & Parsons Space mission applications to users, customers and other interested parties
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, engineering or a related discipline and minimum 3-5 years working in business development with demonstrated success in capturing new business
- Direct work experience supporting SSA/Space C2 missions in the Air Force or IC
- In-depth knowledge of IC/DoD Space capabilities and programs and a firm grasp of the community’s challenges and priorities
- Working knowledge of IC/DoD acquisition policies, procedures and requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate highly technical information to corporate leadership, industry partners and prospective clients
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Must be a US citizen
- Working relationships with existing and/or prospective customers in the IC/DoD Space community
- Background in program management and/or systems engineering supporting IC or DoD programs
Must be eligible to obtain and maintain, or currently possess Top Secret SCI clearance.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.