Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Editor and Writer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is a global provider of innovative, cost effective solutions. From sustainment and modernization, supply chain management, training and simulation, and high technology services, we offer a full-spectrum of support.
Northrop Grumman's Technology Services is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to support the Sustainment and Modernization of Radar Sensors (SMORS) program. This position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
This position hasthe following responsibilities and duties:
- Writes, rewritesand/or edits technical documents such as Technical Manuals / Technical Orders(TM/TO), Contractor Furnished Equipment Notices (CFEN), Identifying TechnicalPublication Sheets (ITPS), Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO), and othertechnical documentation source data to communicate clearly and effectivelyoperating and maintenance instructions, illustrated parts breakdowns,inspections, and other sustainment data types to a wide range of USAFcustomers.
- Acquires dataresources by referring to technical specifications, engineering drawings,commercial manuals, interviewing engineers, and through AFMC Form 202 process.
- Conductsguidance conferences, In-Process Reviews (IPR), and contractor certificationefforts, and participates in USAF verification, as part of the TO 00-5-3development process.
- Reviews andupdates AFTO Form 22 and AFMC Form 252 for completeness and technical accuracy.
- Ensures configuration of technical data and is responsible fordata delivery schedule and quality assurance.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant technical writing experience with Bachelor's Degree; or 1 year experience with Master's Degree. In lieu of formal degree, High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and 7 years of relevant technical writing experience.
- Demonstrated experience and application of technical writing principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, schematics, and relevant technical order data.
U.S. Citizenship with an active SECRET security clearance.
- Experience with SGML publishing environment and publishing tools.
- Experience in USAF/DoD radar systems.
- Experience specifically in USAF TO 00-5-3 Air Force Technical Order Life Cycle Management.
- Independently demonstrates the skill and ability to perform professional tasks in both an isolated and team environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.