Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer, MBSE
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a MBSE Systems Engineer based out of Colorado Springs, CO, El Segundo, CA, Huntsville, AL, or Bellevue, NE.
What You'll get to Do:
The candidate will support architecture and integration needs, to include designing, validating, and maintaining the architecture against requirements baselines. He/she may lead trade studies, gap analyses, and other activities to assess proposed changes to the architecture with respect to impacts on technical performance, cost, and schedule baselines and ensure interoperability between elements. Candidate must have the ability to work effectively within a team environment, ability to interface with other groups within the project, well developed problem-solving skills, and ability to work within a dynamic environment. This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80.
- Apply model-based system engineering (MBSE) to define architectural views using CAMEO.
- Derive mission threads and use cases.
- Define system functions and trace to requirements.
- Facilitate subject matter experts, stakeholders, and customers throughout the process of developing architectural specifications.
- Identify proposed changes to technical baseline documents (i.e., interface documents, specifications documents, architecture products).
- Prepare and present engineering analysis, gaps, and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Experience with CAMEO and/or Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and the Unified Profile for DoDAF and MoDAF (UPDM).
- Systems Engineering skills, including requirements definition/allocation, interface definition, verification & validation, and life-cycle management.
- Active Secret security clearance with an investigation within the past 6 years
- 2 years of System Engineering experience with a Bachelors of Science in a STEM discipline; 0 years experience with Masters
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present technical material to senior management and customers.
- Familiarity and experience working with DoD acquisition organizations.
- Experience designing and testing space systems and/or command & control systems.
- Previous experience in developing architectures for Information Support Plans (ISPs).
- Previous experience in supporting capability based assessments (CBAs) for Capability Development Documents (CDDs).
- Experience with the U.S. Air Force
- Experience with the Sparx Enterprise Architect tool.
- Current DoD Top Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with multi-disciplined teams within the program.
- Demonstrate strong people, organizational, presentation and communication skills, written and verbal.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.