Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Satellite Operations Crew Member - Top Secret clearance - 3rd shift (Schriever AFB, CO)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an experienced Satellite Systems Engineer familiar with Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and Space Tracking and Surveillance System (STSS) mission requirements. Located at Schriever AFB, CO, the selected candidate will be part of the STSS on-orbit operations crew.
Primary duties as a member of the operations crew will consist of:
•Participate in the technical direction, coordination and management of spacecraft, payload, and ground systems support to STSS flight operations
•Provide day-to-day expertise monitoring spacecraft bus health and ground system status
•Execute spacecraft commanding/ground perform files, procedures, memograms, and operations alerts
•Coordinate with Test Conductor for payload and spacecraft subsystem related activities
•Review, incorporate, and execute AFSCN (Air Force Satellite Control Network) contacts for mission flight operations
•Review pass plans for accuracy
•Perform schedule change actions as necessary
•Perform validation checks prior to command execution
•Perform pre-pass checks using AFSCN Remote Tracking Stations (RTS)
•Ensure successful transmission of commands and receipt of telemetry
•Assess system state of health and trending of satellite parameters
•Implement satellite safing procedures, as required
•Coordinate activities with mission planners and system test team
•Participate in operations test activities and MDA test events
•Perform post-pass data archival
•Troubleshoot satellite and ground system anomalies and recommend recovery actions
This position requires working a rotating shift schedule in support of 24/7 flight operations.
The selected applicant must successfully complete the STSS crew operations course and pass a series of tests, including a final certification scenario prior to assuming crew operations duties.
- Bachelors degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- 9 years related engineering experience in the satellite operations field with a background in AFSCN/RTS on-orbit satellite system command and control operations
- Must have an active and current Top Secret security clearance
- Knowledge and experience with all satellite operations disciplines including attitude control, power management, thermal control, propulsion, payloads, command and data handling, flight and ground operations, and anomaly determination and resolution
- Satellite operations experience using AFSCN /RTS resources, flight operations experience, and familiarity with spacecraft bus and payload systems and OS/Comet