Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Cyber Systems Administrator- SECRET Clearance
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Are you looking to join a growing, dynamic team supporting a critical mission for the government? Do you enjoy systems administration and creating solutions for complex system problems?
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Cyber Systems Administrator to join a support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) under the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) at Schriever AFB, Colorado on Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) Task Order. The PNT task order designs and integrations solutions for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) located globally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage and maintains secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux servers and virtualized environments.
• Support bare-metal and virtual machines; coordinating actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security, software and Operations teams; devising, recommending, and implementing performance and reliability-enhancements, and automation solutions.
• Install, harden and patch Linux operating systems, working in a command-line environment, creating/modifying shell scripts (ex: bash, perl, python), partition disks, create logical volumes, and create/mount Linux file systems.
• Develop and document technical procedures, install and configure COTS software, conduct security scans, mitigate vulnerabilities, develop and implement compliant solutions.
• Bachelor's degree and 6 years of related IT experience (OR a Master's degree and 4 years of related experience, OR 4 years of related experience in lieu of the educational degree)
• Must have a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher ( examples include : Security , GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
• Experience installing and configuring COTS software
• Experience with Linux Operating System
• Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance.
• RedHat Certified (Example: RedHat Certified System Administrator, RedHat Certified Engineer)
• Solid Understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include commonly-used RAID-levels
• Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities to include hardening RedHat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs
• Identity Management (Single Sign-on) experience
• VMWare ESXi (6.x ) configuration and management experience
• Experience implementing/configuring Linux software based firewall implementations
• Ability to create custom RPM packages for RedHat platforms.
• Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication.
• Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.