Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payload Systems Engineer - Secret clearance (Schriever AFB, CO)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees haveincredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space thatimpact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Ourwork preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and ourunderstanding of the universe. We lookfor people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to joinforces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culturethrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your wholeself to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think isimpossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman AerospaceSystems is seeking a PayloadSystem Engineer familiar with Protected Satellite Communication missionrequirements to support the Protected Satcom Orbital Operations Program formission operations at Schriever AFB, CO. The selected candidatewill work with the existing team of Remote Technical Advisors to supportoperational needs of the constellation of Milstar and Advanced EHF payloads andrelated O&M issues.
The PayloadSystem Engineer is primarily responsible for:
- On-site technical support for AEHF/Milstar Payload andcommunication network operations related issues.
- Actively participating in the technical direction,analysis and coordination for spacecraft, payload, and ground system in ProtectedSatcom flight operations.
- Serving as point of contact for factory payload experts requestingdata and information
- Acting as test conductor during special payload specificactivities
- Supporting anomaly identification and resolution frominitial anomaly response, through root-cause investigations and correctiveactions for any anomalies associated with the payload.
This position is primarily day staff, although occasionaloff-nominal work hours are expected and 24/7 recall responsibilities are sharedacross the RTA staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field (Science/Technology/ Engineering/Math)
- 2 years of engineering experience with communication satellite payload systems
- Must possess and able to maintain an active DoD Secret security clearance
- Hardware and software payload system engineering, integration and test experience on both Milstar and AEHF
- Specific knowledge of operational support to a live satellite-based communication network
- Demonstrated leadership and project management capabilities, as well as proven communication skills
- Possess and be able to maintain a current SCI or DoD Top Secret clearance with SSBI completed within the last 4 years