Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NOALS Systems Engineer or Principal Systems Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) NOALS program is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineer or Principal Systems Engineer based out of Schriever AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
You will work with other NGMS employees and our subcontractors in a dynamic, multi-discipline environment in direct support to an operational satellite ground system. You will use systems engineering methods and tools to accomplish customer/contract goals and support program management in development, enhancement, and maintenance of the operational baseline.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the Risk and Opportunity management process
- Facilitate technical baseline review, support coordination of updates, coordinate technical agreements, and influence CONOP development
- Perform evaluation and trending of system and program metrics
- Document and maintain SE processes
- Perform detailed trade studies and interface directly with third party vendors
This is an opportunity to work in an operational environment where one can interact with other disciplines including software/hardware engineers, systems testers and operations crews on a program where you can have a direct impact on the mission.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Systems Engineer or Principal Systems Engineer
- Systems Engineer education/experience: 2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters within a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline from an accredited college
- Principal Systems Engineer education/experience: 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. within a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline from an accredited college
Active NRO TS/SCI or DoD TS/SCI to start
Willing and able to submit and obtain an CI Polygraph
- Current TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
- Experience in systems requirements analysis including writing/developing and tracing requirements
- Understanding of engineering and software development life cycle
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of work flow and requirements management tools
- Knowledge of Risk and Opportunity management processes
- Ability to interface with a wide variety of specialists within the organization, including: software developers, technical writers, and management
- Familiarity with real-time, critical systems
- Critically minded to troubleshoot system and determine root cause
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.