Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NOALS - Principal Engineer Systems
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Job Reference #: 19022397
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The E&S team is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Systems Engineer based out of Schriever AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
You will work with other NGMS employees and our subcontractors in a dynamic, multi-discipline environment in direct support to an operational satellite ground system. You will use systems engineering methods and tools to accomplish customer/contract goals and support program management in development, enhancement, and maintenance of the operational baseline.
- Participate in the Risk and Opportunity management process
- Facilitate technical baseline review, support coordination of updates, coordinate technical agreements, and influence CONOP development
- Perform evaluation and trending of system and program metrics
- Document and maintain SE processes
- Perform detailed trade studies and interface directly with third party vendors
This is an opportunity to work in an operational environment where one can interact with other disciplines including software/hardware engineers, systems testers and operations crews on a program where you can have a direct impact on the mission.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) with at least 5 Years of experience or 3 Years with Masters in the same discipline from an accredited college
- Must have an active NRO TS/SCI or DoD TS/SCI security clearance to start
- Willing and able to submit and obtain an CI Polygraph
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Current TS/SCI with CI Poly desirable
- Experience in systems requirements analysis including writing/developing and tracing requirements
- Understanding of engineering and software development life cycle
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of work flow and requirements management tools
- Knowledge of Risk and Opportunity management processes
- Ability to interface with a wide variety of specialists within the organization, including: software developers, technical writers, and management
- Familiarity with real-time, critical systems
- Critically minded to troubleshoot system and determine root cause
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.