Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
C2BMC Principal Egr Systems - Human Factors Engineer (19-214)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
We are seeking highly qualified candidates for a Human Factors Engineer supporting the C2BMC program in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll Get to Do:
As a Human Factors Engineer, a successful candidate will work as a member of systems engineering to develop and recommend innovative solutions to existing and new problems, and to ensure that the requirements of the system are understood and implemented in a human-usable manner. The candidate must also be able to act as a technical interface to current and future system operators on HMI issues and to MDA working level counterparts on an as-required basis. The candidate will also support Warfighter Involvement activities to include planning and execution of Warfighter Round-Table meetings, participation in the Command and Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) Human Factors Engineering (HFE) Integrated Product Team (IPT), and application of military standards (e.g., MIL-STD-1472 and MIL-STD-2525) to support the needs of the C2BMC end users. The candidate will also participate in Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) ground and flight tests and/or other user-in-the-loop activities to assess the C2BMC component usability as part of the BMDS. As a member of the User Interface (UI) Cross-Functional Product Team (CFPT) the candidate will support systems engineering, software development, and test and analysis activities as required to deliver high-quality UI products. Responsibilities may include preparation of test objectives, review test and analysis plans and procedures, plan and implement testing of the C2BMC and related BMDS s/w and h/w components along with external interfaces, conduct post-test data analysis, create test reports and brief the test results.
The primary work hours will be normal day office shift with the occasional off-normal support. Some travel will be required.
You Will Have These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in an applicable STEM discipline (Math, Science, Engineering, Software Engineering) with 5 or more years of experience; 3 or more years with Master's
- Active Secret clearance required to start
- Experience in developing UI test objectives and detailed procedures, developing and validating analysis tools for wargames and exercises, performing data analysis, and preparing and presenting results
- Experience in requirements engineering, use case development, logical architecture modeling
- Experience with Agile Development Methods, team leadership, task tracking, and issue resolution and coordination
- An understanding of Systems Engineering and Human Factors engineering practices, and their application in DoD acquisition programs.
- An understanding of large-scale software development environments, software architecture, and systems engineering activities, and experience working in that type of environment.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally in the conduct of Warfighter Involvement and usability assessment activities.
These Qualifications are Nice to Have:
- Experience participating in BMDS verification and validation tests, and ability to independently and cooperatively develop test objectives, concepts and architectures in the context of the BMDS
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) tracking and reporting
- Experience with User Interface (UI) development for military systems and the acquisition and integration of feedback from military operational users (warfighters) for application to system development
- Experience applying military standards and industry best practices to the development of user interfaces
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Wellness Program
• Employee Discount Program
• On-Site Fitness Center (available at some locations)
• Flexible Work Schedules
• Education Assistance
• Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.