Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
C2BMC Principal Egr Systems - Distributed Training System Architect (19-217)
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
We are seeking highly qualified candidates for a Distributed Training System Architect supporting the C2BMC program in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll Get to Do:
The System Architect/Engineer within the Systems Engineering Functional Area is an individual contributor working design and development of operational system capabilities for the C2BMC system in the Ballistic Missile Defense System. More specifically, this opportunity is to act as the architect for the Distributed Training System team. Within this role, the architect will support the modeling and artifact creation for the C2BMC DTS Team (ICDs, Design Changes, new BMDS requirements, etc.). Based on an understanding of the design and results of comparisons (trade studies), the architect will use related systems engineering tools and documents to analyze, understand, and propose changes to systems architecture models, systems engineering analyses, user CONOPS & system OPSCONs, and system and interface requirements specs in support of the C2BMC program. A successful candidate will work directly with the previous DTS Architect to develop and grow within the role.
Skills desired include: identification and definition of desired capabilities, system-of-systems definition, integration practices and methods, understanding and appreciation of information assurance, maintenance, operation, and logistics concerns, and their application to the requirements, design, and development phases.
You Will Have These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in an applicable STEM discipline (Math, Science, Engineering, Software Engineering) with 5 or more years of experience; 3 or more years with Master's
- Active Secret clearance required to start
- Experience applying system engineering and architecture principles to system design and development.
- Experience working in an integrated team environment with other systems, software and specialty engineers to develop solutions using engineering processes and methods
- An understanding of systems architecting and architecture models
- A basic understanding of networking concepts and how to architect a geographically distributed system utilizing communication networks while maintaining a secure posture.
These Qualifications are Nice to Have:
- Experience in ballistic missile defense or air defense operations highly desired
- Firsthand knowledge of the models used in the missile defense arena including: OSM, MDST, DESim, EADSim, & SSF highly desirable
- Experience with MDNT program processes and work products
- Familiarity with the C2BMC system and the missile defense domain or any other Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) systems
- Familiarity with the application and use of systems engineering tools for requirements management (e.g. DOORS and Enterprise Architect)
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Wellness Program
• Employee Discount Program
• On-Site Fitness Center (available at some locations)
• Flexible Work Schedules
• Education Assistance
• Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.