Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Solution Architect-Borrower/Agent Experience
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
The IT Solution Architect will drive technology vision and direction across the enterprise, lead teams in designing large scale cross-functional enterprise solutions and provide technical direction and leadership internally to teams and externally working with partners and clients.
This position requires work in support of the Company’s contract with the United States Department of Education (“ED”). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
- Lead complex solution design initiatives to satisfy a wide range of business needs for internal business areas and external customers.
- Design cross platform solutions often encompassing diverse technologies and a high degree of integration to provide holistic, end to end solutions.
- Act as a consultant with internal and external clients to understand business needs and identify potential solutions.
- Establish and champion technology direction, with focus on adoption of new technologies to meet evolving business needs.
- Provide technical direction, training, and mentoring to technical team members.
- Lead other architects in developing and championing Best Practices and Standards in the areas of technology and security.
- Provide technical oversight to ensure alignment with the overall technology direction.
- Keep abreast of advancements and changes in technology and propose adoption strategies on how new technologies can be leveraged to provide business solutions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or commensurate experience.
5 to 7 years of experience as a Software Architect with a demonstrated ability to lead design initiatives for large scale solutions in a distributed and web application environment, leveraging Java and Spring Batch.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- In-depth expertise in the application architecture discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill; with the ability to communicate technical concepts at all levels of the organization.
- Business acumen in proposing feasible business solutions.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business functions, coupled with the ability to establish a vision for the adoption of new technology.
- In-depth knowledge of the full software development lifecycle; with exposure to agile or iterative approaches to delivery preferred.
- Strong relational database knowledge accompanied by an understanding of new and emerging database structures.
- Understanding of best practices and methods to integrate applications within the organization and with external partners.
- Working knowledge of the network and/or server infrastructure required to host an application on the platforms in areas of expertise.
- Self-directed; highly motivated with the ability to motivate and inspire team members.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a technical development team.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Knowledge in the area of NIST compliance strongly desired.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.