Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EPC Project Manager
at MYR Group
Great Southwestern Construction, Inc. provides a full range of electrical construction services to utilities, municipalities, government entities and private developers throughout the nation for transmission lines, distribution systems, communication systems, substations and renewable energy facilities. In addition, Great Southwestern also provides capabilities in pre-construction, Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) and design-build forms of project delivery, project controls and reporting, environmental compliance and quality assurance/quality control.
The Project Manager is responsible for general coordination, facilitation and completion of various medium and high voltage electrical EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) projects, for our large project (EPC) division. The project manager will oversee EPC projects from proposal development, to initiation, through closeout. A successful candidate will be able to manage a variety of project types on time, within budget and within scope. Prior experience with transmission line and/or substation projects is required.
- Lead proposal development efforts, as well as project coordination’s after project has been awarded.
- Preparation of project EPC project schedules
- Submission of request for information to clients
- Acting as main point of contact for projects and facilitating conference calls
- Coordinating meetings, scheduling updates, submitting deliverables, and addressing outstanding 'open items' as requested by clients
- Preparation of look-ahead documents and weekly/monthly progress reports
- Reviewing and monitoring job costs versus budgets
- Reporting to management team
- Other duties as assigned
- Keeping emphasis on the client, develop an understanding of the client's culture, key people and processes
- Provide guidance and direction for estimators during the estimation process
- Interfaces with various staff to include field personnel and subcontractors
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
With roots dating to 1891 and nearly 6,500 employees nationwide, MYR Group has delivered some of the largest transmission, distribution and substation projects in the United States and is consistently recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as one of the top 5 specialty electrical contracting firms in the country. And we’ve built strong and dedicated employees who have fueled our continued success!
The skills, talents and commitment of our employees is what makes MYR Group a leader in the electrical services industry by allowing us to deliver superior customer service and capitalize on new opportunities. In today’s world, long-term employees who feel valued, challenged and secure in their jobs seem to be more of the rule rather than the exception. Investing in those who invest in us is what makes our company so unique, and is something we are extremely proud of. We understand that providing a satisfying work environment helps us to get the most out of our people, and is what ultimately leads to personal achievement.
So if you are hard-working, dedicated, ambitious and interested in the long-term … the opportunities for recognition, continued professional development and advancement are waiting for you. Join the MYR Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field, or equivalent experience (5+ years’ project management in the electrical industry)
- Previous project management experience with transmission, distribution, or substation construction projects is required. EPC (Engineering Procurement and Construction) project management experience is preferred.
- Knowledgeable with specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services
- Able to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, etc. plans and specifications to include blue prints, proposals and other documents as they relate to electrical work
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient with estimating software such as Accubid or equivalent
- Ability to prepare construction schedules in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who can successfully work with diverse internal and external partners
How We’re Different + Employee Benefits
- Top 5 electrical contractor and Top 10 specialty contractor (regardless of discipline) nationwide according to Engineering News Record
- Consistently voted a top workplace by our employees
- Company culture directed towards employee safety and satisfaction
- Weekly pay
- Family medical insurance premiums of $40/month
- Free family dental insurance
- Free vision insurance
- Company 401k match of 6% starting from your first paycheck. Additionally, yearly profit-sharing contributions up to 10% of annual income into your 401k.
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Tuition reimbursement up to 90% of total program cost after 6 months of employment
- Plus many more!
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.