Moseley Technical Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal PNT Product Architect
at Moseley Technical Services, Inc.
Direct Hire, Full-Time
Our client, a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to their customers. Well-respected, with a global presence, our client consistently offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today’s dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering, using an open systems approach, our client solves the nation’s most complex challenges while foreseeing future needs.
Principal PNT Product Architect
- Along with company leadership, develop a strategic technical vision (problem space) and define detailed technical architectures (solution space) for the PNT portfolio
- Work with Product Management to identify customer needs and define a product roadmap
- Work with the Chief Scientist to identify and drive innovative technical solutions
- Work with the R&D Director to develop and maintain system architectures
- Perform trade studies, performance analysis, requirements flow-down, and quality testing
- Guide the systems engineering team to apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, integrate and verify complex system solutions
- Lead system validation including test execution, data analysis and discrepancy reporting for operational testing of hardware and software to ensure readiness for government testing and fielding
- Implement solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints
- Participate in Engineering Status Reviews as requested to ensure strategy is in alignment with solutions and identify potential challenges
- Contribute to the development of product specifications and requirements
- Contribute to the development of new theories and methods
- Conduct market research to determine requirements for current and future products as well as potential partner relationships for the product
- Write RFP, RFI, White Paper content as requested, and provide critical reviews of proposal solution
- Develop appropriate systems recommendations to meet customer needs, including system configurations, installation planning, etc.
- Prepare and present technical presentations regarding all aspects of company products
- U.S. Citizenship is required by law
- Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance required
- Experience with DoD or aerospace systems is required
- PNT systems on Army ground vehicles is a plus
- Subject Matter Expert in at least one technical discipline and knowledge in multiple adjacent disciplines
- Familiarity with quality standards for industry and government
- Broad technical familiarity in military and commercial PNT systems
- Current and anticipated threats to PNT systems
- Countermeasures against Navigation Warfare (NAVWAR), Cyber, or Electronic Warfare (EW)
- Dependencies with other capabilities such as tactical communications, command & control, and targeting
- Integration with platforms, weapon systems and other systems that incorporate PNT
- DoDAF or other architecture frameworks
- Modular Open System Architecture (MOSA) principles as they relate to PNT platform integration
- PhD degree in Engineering is highly desired
- Substantial knowledge of position, navigation, timing, and communication technologies.
- Familiarity with emerging PNT technologies from industry or academia.
- Understanding of:
- Signal processing
- Anti-jam antennas
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
- M-code modernization
- Knowledge of hardware including radio frequency (RF) and digital components
- Knowledge of software development on embedded processors
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field is required (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years professional experience in systems architecture, engineering and product development
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.