Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Solutions Engineer/Architect
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Clearance Required
- Top Secret
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking an IT Solutions Engineer/Architect, at Schriever Air Force Base, CO. At MTSI, our more than 1,000 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cyber security, space and homeland defense.
Join MTSI this year in celebrating our 25th consecutive year in business and consecutive growth. Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is seeking an IT Solutions Engineer/Architect with the following experience. The selected applicant will become part of an integrated contractor team as an IT Solutions Engineer/Architect supporting high-fidelity/high resolution modeling of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). The IT Solutions Engineer/Architect will ensure the government’s desired technical direction is consistently implemented throughout a geographically distributed data center and extended sites. Some travel is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as assistant to the Chief Systems Architect
- Serve as an IT technical representative to the government
- Conduct day-to-day system administration of the hardware and software for a modeling and simulation (M&S) system
- Diagnoses and corrects computer and network system issues
- Configure and troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure up-grades
- Leads and/or interfaces with a geographically disperse team of systems administrators to manage servers and other computer system aspects of the MWS system
- Ensure consistent technical direction and understanding between government and contractor staff
- Assist in conducting of top level IT architecture trades and development
- Ensure consistent architectural IT application across the M&S products
- Ensure consistent IT processes, practices and documentation across the M&S system
- Report IT status to government and program managers
- Perform other IT duties as assigned
- Ability to present architectural design using Microsoft Tools (Visio, Project, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited academic institution in a relevant technical discipline, or compensating certifications, and or experience
- Eighteen years of relevant technical experience, relative to have an associates or bachelor degree.
- Professional hands-on experience in design and implementation of the following technologies: Windows/Linux virtualization, Windows Server 2008 R2, Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware, storage technologies, Host-Base Security System, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution and other patch management solutions
- Candidate must have cyber security qualifications IAW DoD 8570 standards upon employment.
- Security+ CE
- Linux+ within 6 months or starting
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) within 1 year of starting
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management using Subversion, Concurrent Version System (CVS) or similar tools
- Demonstrated experience in cloud based computing
- Demonstrated experience with machine virtualization including transitioning legacy products to virtualized products
- Assist in evaluation, development, and deployment of large IT system of systems architectures involving both hardware and software components
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Customer focused with a desire to ensure success
- Desire to continue to learn and grow
- Demonstrated self-starter, takes initiative, can work independently with reduced supervision
- DoD or MDA Modelling & Simulation experience
- Familiarity with Missile Defense Agency (MDA) BMDS, MDA Objective Simulation Framework and/or Single Stimulation Framework, Flight Test, and Wargames & Exercise lab assets
- Experience with the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- VMware Certified Professional
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Security Essentials (GSEC)
- Advanced degree from an accredited academic institution in a relevant technical field
Active TOP SECRET clearance required.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.