Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Solutions Architect
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking an IT Solutions Architect at Schriever Air Force Base, CO. At MTSI, our more than 1,000 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cyber security, space and homeland defense.
Join MTSI this year in celebrating our 25th consecutive year in business and consecutive growth. Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
The selected applicant will serve as the IT Solutions Architect for an integrated contractor team, supporting high-fidelity/high-resolution modeling of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). The selected applicant must understand solution requirements, develop technical courses of action, and be able to communicate them as part of a comprehensive architecture and engineering plan. The selected applicant must be a subject matter expert on network solutions, products, and evolving technology architectures and roadmaps, as part of a cross-functional team. The selected applicant will also serve as the deputy to the Engineering Web Services Chief Architect. Some travel is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design system architecture for enterprise applications and systems.
- Analyze enterprise business strategies to determine corresponding changes in infrastructure architectures to meet the on-going service demands of the enterprise.
- Lead the road mapping and evolution of enterprise data and cloud strategy.
- As a deputy, in the absence of the Chief Architect, provide oversite of the System Architecture team.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited academic institution in a relevant technical discipline, or compensating certifications, and or experience
- Five (5) to eight (8) years’ experience in system architecture and engineering.
- This position requires the selected candidate have an active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET clearance
- Experience in architect, design, development of enterprise applications and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze and apply abstract enterprise and technical architecture concepts. Experience creating and maintaining architecture artifacts for infrastructure related technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze and apply abstract enterprise and technical architecture concepts.
- Proven project management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to adapt and change to the business needs of the practice and team coverage model
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including consulting skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Hadoop network requirements.
- Understanding of the Ballistic Missile Defense System.
- Understanding of Modeling and Simulation.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active Secret
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.