Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital Modeling BMDS Analyst- Mid-Level
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Digital Modeling BMDS Analyst- Mid-Level at Schriever Air Force Base, CO. At MTSI, our more than 1,000 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cyber security, space and homeland defense.
Join MTSI this year in celebrating our 25th consecutive year in business and consecutive growth. Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Candidate will operate primarily out of a government facility supporting the Missile Defense Agency’s Digital Modeling and Simulation program. This position involves hands-on support for MDA’s Digital Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) simulation used in the assessment of MDA’s tactical systems. Tasks include installation and configuration of the simulation software, troubleshooting and root cause analysis of anomalies and defects, and the providing of technical support during various MDA activities. These tasks will primarily be performed in the local government facility but some travel may be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a collaborative role with analysis tool developers, integrators, test team members, and other analysts to provide and support analysis of early digital product prototypes.
- Assist in establishing requirements for evaluation tools and processes, providing analytical support to the test planning process, and coordination of analytical results within the BMDS community.
- Report activities include the generation and presentation of test analysis planning documentation, test readiness briefs, quick-look reports and briefs, hot-washes, and detailed analysis reports and briefs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Five (5) to eight (8) years directly related experience.
- Demonstrated Experience with Ballistic Missile Defense programs or simulations.
- This position requires the selected candidate have an active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- The candidate needs to understand system-level verification processes, and able to write a system-level test and verification plans, as well as integration objectives.
- Understand the BMDS mission, architectures, behaviors and capabilities.
- Experience in Linux and Windows computer operating systems.
- Knowledge using MySQL and/or other query tools to gather and interrogate large data sets.
- Familiarity with DoD Risk Management Framework.
- Be able to collaborate with multiple analysts in other organizations.
- Be able to communicate and defend analysis results.
- Demonstrated self-initiative, leadership, and customer interface skills are essential. Must possess the ability to clearly express ideas/concepts, perform as part of a team, and be capable of operating in a multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data sets utilizing software tools for the elements and components of the BMDS.
- Experience in VMware.
- Experience in Big Data analytics and statistical analysis.
- Experience in formulating and defining system scope and objectives based on user needs.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating system performance, enhancing system operations and data processing.
- Experience with hardware/software/network integration
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware and software defects
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active Secret and be able to acquire an active TOP SECRET security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to maintain a security clearance will result in candidate being ineligible to support this position.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.