Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Data Architect at Schriever Air Force Base, CO. At MTSI, our more than 1,000 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cyber security, space and homeland defense.
Join MTSI this year in celebrating our 25th consecutive year in business and consecutive growth. Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
The selected applicant will serve as the Architect for an integrated contractor team, supporting high-fidelity/high-resolution modeling of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) in a virtualized, high-performance, high-capacity environment to provide Modeling and Simulation as a Service (MSaaS). The qualified candidate will be responsible for supporting the Integration, Test and Verification of large-scale data storage environments to support the Missile Defense Agency’s digital modeling/simulation programs. This includes working with many of the following technologies: data pipelines, data services, operational data stores, data warehouses, data marts, big data stores, data mining, big data visualization and experiment designs. The right individual will display both a passion for data science and leading a cultural change in how data is used throughout the organization regarding these efforts. Some travel is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead data collection planning, data quality verification, and data quality reporting for a cloud-based simulation environment scalable to monthly volumes of thousands of simulation runs producing hundreds of terabytes of data.
- Perform duties associated with providing Apache Hadoop data lake for storage and “big data analytics.”
- Assist in the design and implementation of a data governance framework
- Will have a key role in establishment and administration of a comprehensive enterprise metadata management program using HCatalog and related tools.
- The candidate will create automated methods for checking data against a variety of data format and quality standards such as BMDS tactical message formats
- The candidate will work in a collaborative role with software development teams, system integrators, analysts, network architect, cybersecurity personnel, and configuration management personnel.
- Define and analyze data requirements needed to support BMDS technical performance analysis
- Define and analyze data requirements needed to support system performance analysis
- Create and maintain both a logical and physical data model
- Frequently provide written and verbal data management metrics to MDA government.
- Helps in the development of processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Partners with technology teams to implement appropriate technical approaches for integration, test and verification
- Helps in the development of custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets including cloud based data solutions using new or emerging technologies
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Data Management, Computer Science, Business Information Management, Management Information Systems, or related technical discipline
- Five (5) to eight (8) years applicable progressively complex related experience.
- This position requires the selected candidate have an active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with emerging data technologies such as Columnar, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, MapReduce, High-Performance Computing Cluster (HPCC), Hydra, or similar.
- Experience performing system administration in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with designing appropriate metadata schema for multiple intended uses.
- Experience writing data management plans that include data descriptions, protocols, workflows, metadata standards, data storage and backup, access/sharing strategy, data preservation plan, security plan, and roles and responsibilities.
- Experience performing automated data quality verification against large sets of established goals and providing related reports at levels of detail appropriate for the intended audience.
- The incumbent will work as part of a multi-contractor/government team and must be able to complete tasks with little direct supervision.
- “Big data” related certifications such as Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Management and Analytics, IBM Certified Data Engineer – Big Data, or Certificate in Engineering Excellence Big Data Analytics and Optimization (CPEE)
- Experience in shell scripting languages: Bash, AWK, SED, Perl, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural Networks, etc.)
- Knowledge using MySQL and/or other query tools to gather and interrogate large data sets
- Familiarity with BMDS components, kill chain terminology, and tactical message formats
- Familiarity with commercial cloud services such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with virtualized environments such as VMware
- Familiarity with modeling and simulation
- Experience with batch data analytics platforms for structured and unstructured data
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active Secret
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for most MTSI positions.