Microchip Technology Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SPG Senior Design Engineer
at Microchip Technology Inc.
As a Digital Design Engineer in the Secure Products Group at Microchip, you will be part of a larger digital logic design effort responsible for designing state-of-the-art hardware security solutions. This position requires someone comfortable will all aspects of Digital design development and is flexible enough to adapt with constantly evolving requirements. This individual must have good communication and organizational skills to be able to work with a larger design team located in Colorado Springs, CO, USA.
This person will also work with other functional groups to create integrated solutions to satisfy security needs of various industries. Join us, and you’ll help us design cost-effective, ultra-secure hardware defense mechanisms.
- Research and implementation of cryptographic algorithms and associated hardware, firmware and software.
- Architect and design digital blocks specified by you or others.
- Participate in the verification and bring-up of such blocks by writing test benches, assertions, debugging code, and interacting with other design verification team members.
- Support design integration activities like Lint, Clock Domain Crossing, Synthesis, Static Timing Analysis, power and logical issues.
- Participate in device lab bring-up by writing test scripts, evaluating lab results, debugging, performing and proposing experiments.
- Three+ years of experience in Digital design including RTL design experience with contributions in the bring-up of multiple ICs.
- Experience with hardware description and assertion languages: SystemVerilog, SystemVerilog Assertions (SVA), VHDL, Verilog.
- Knowledge of best practices with respect to implementation of digital logic.
- Knowledge of digital design flow including RTL simulation, logic synthesis, Timing constraints, Static Timing Analysis, Gate level simulation, and Equivalence checking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interest in and basic understanding of cryptography, associated algorithms and technology.
- Modeling and analysis of secure systems spanning chips and software, with respect to attack resistance, real time performance, power consumption and silicon area.
- Scripting and automation skills: Unix/Linux shell programming, Perl/Python/Ruby, Makefile, Revision management.
- Understanding of Silicon test methodology such as DFT, memory BIST and test pattern generation.
- Design experience in low power design techniques and UPF.
- Familiarity with FPGA-based emulation platforms.
- Familiarity with Microchip best practices for design and development.
Education & Experience: BS is required. MS preferred. 3+ years of experience in IC design.