Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Systems Security Officer
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Schedule
- Limited Service Full-Time
Job Description Summary
This position is the Site Security Officer Representative at an operational site who leads security operations at the assigned location.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the position include but not limited to the following:
1. Conducts regular assessments of site implementation of FISMA controls to support Continuous Monitoring.
2. Performs computer security Incident Response activities for a site, coordinates with virtual security team to record and report incidents.
3. Provides security expertise in FISMA, OMB, NIST and federal government requirements to support IT Security and Privacy compliance.
4. Leads execution of ATO and POA&M activities at the site, developing all supporting documentation to demonstrate resolution.
5. Supports vulnerability management and responds to vulnerability reports for applicability at the site, taking remedial actions.
6. Supports implementation of Physical and Environmental as well as Personnel Security controls at the site.
7. Provides hands-on support to employees seeking clearance / EOD.
8. Supports other Assessment and Authorization activities.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and security trends.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
11. Reviews Computer Security Plan and implement actions which accurately reflects the
security protection measures for each unclassified information system.
12. Works closely with the System Administrator and engineers to maintain the system's security and
13. Implements site procedures for marking, handling, controlling, removing, transporting,
sanitizing, reusing, and destroying media/equipment containing unclassified information.
14. Work with Asset Managers and Facility Security personnel to monitoring changes to the unclassified
system components, environment, and location, including temporary relocation to another
15. Serves as an informational resource to users for all I.T. and Physical security questions concerning
16. Audit users' access requests for approval and revocations regarding controls users' access.
17. Ensures users are instructed on the appropriate use of computer systems.
18. Perform security debriefing on behalf of MAXIMUS.
•Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
•Security certification demonstrating breadth of understanding preferred; willing to complete security training for FSO duties and responsibilities within 3 months of hire.
•5-8 years of related experience in security administration.
•Ability to work Mon – Friday 8 hours shifts (7am-3:30am / 3:00pm-11:30pm) EST
•Must have practical experience with FISMA / NIST / government security requirements.
•Firsthand experience implementing Physical & Environmental as well as Personnel Security controls preferred
In accordance with contractual requirements:
Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau. Ability to pass United State Census Bureau suitability assessment.
MAXIMUS is unable to provide visa sponsorship in support of 2020 CQA Program.
Non-citizens must possess a valid and non-expired Permanent Resident Card or Employment Authorization Card. The suitability assessment requires residency in the United States for a cumulative period of three (3) years over a five-year period ending with the date of the security application prior to starting work in support of the 2020 CQA program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform complex risk analyses and risk assessment.
- Establish and satisfy Information Assurance (IA) and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Support customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Apply know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
- Perform analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Advise information system owners on client/project security policies and requirements for systems.
- Interface with external customers to provide IA subject matter expertise throughout the system development lifecycle.
- Keep abreast of emerging security technologies and make appropriate recommendations regarding the enhancement of the security posture of systems and their implementation.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Work requires considerable judgment and initiative.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.