Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Subject Matter Expert (Windows) - Senior Level
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Primary Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Clearance: Minimum Active DoD Secret and DHS suitability
In coordination with the team of Windows System Administrators, architect and design the environment to automate processes to install, configure, and maintain Windows Operating Systems (OS). The successful candidate will be able to analyze and resolve problems associated with the operating system, hardware, architecture, applications, and software. They detect, diagnose, and report Windows related problems on servers. They must possess expertise with varied concepts, standard best business practices, and procedures and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. They are expected to perform a variety of tasks without supervision.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for the following services supported by the team in a multitenancy environment: Active Directory (AD), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Virtualized Machines in Hyper-V and VMware running Windows OS (Includes Virtual Desktops and Servers)
- Responsible for the security and management of Windows servers and desktops in non-production and production environments
- Solve complex integration and technical problems in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Work with other Systems Administrators, DBAs, and application developers to resolve various system issues
- Requires 24x7 on call support on a rotating basis
- Expert with design, installation and configuration of Windows operating systems and applications to include Server 2012R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 machines
- Expert with design, installation, configuration and management of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure to include Hyper-V
- Ability to architect and design an AD transformation to maximize the efficiency of the AD implementation,
- Expert in troubleshooting servers, workstations, and user experience issues with various COTS and Custom applications
- Expert with SCCM for software patch management in a multi-tenancy environment
- Knowledge and experience working with TOMCAT, McAfee, SolarWinds and NetBackup applications
- Ability to architect, develop, and maintain documentation reflecting the current operational environment and any future state operational environments
- Possess excellent communication and written skills
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification
- Experience with Perl/Shell Scripting
- Experience with SAN or Network storage setup/administration
- ITIL Certification
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 10 or more years related professional experience. (Education can be substituted for 9 years of experience).
7 AM – 4 PM plus on-call/afterhours support as necessary.
Must be able to type
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
Why ManTech? This is why!
The ManTech family comprises a diverse yet united group of nearly 8,000 talented professionals around the globe, each bringing distinct backgrounds and skill sets to the team. Nearly half of us are veterans and we are all dedicated to securing the future of our nation.
Our diversity makes us successful. Each team member is a unique piece of the puzzle, coming together to solidify our seamless foundation. As One ManTech, we learn together, we win together, and we celebrate together.
Rich educational opportunities and programs help employees break through career barriers. ManTech offers tuition assistance, partnerships with universities and institutions, a Technical Recognition Awards program, professional groups that comprise our Communities of Practice and so much more. Our own acclaimed ManTech University offers instruction and resources needed for professional development.