Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OSC Operator Lead, Senior
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
It is the responsibility of the Operations Support Center to act as the first point of contact for a critical Homeland Defense contract for all information that pertains to outages, incidents, and maintenance events that affect supported programs. This includes detecting the event, answering trouble calls, attempting to resolve, escalating to other technical subject matter experts and documenting the issues. Successful growth within this functional team directly leads to career progression within this team and/or to other areas of IT support on the program.
The ideal candidate must be able to work the following shift: Weekend Day Shift (Saturday, Sunday, Monday and every other Tuesday) 0630ET – 1830ET Additionally, the candidate must be able to work one week per quarter on a different shift in order to grow their skills if they are located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
The OSC Shift Lead Operator - Level 3 performs activities related to monitoring, detection, correction, escalation and reporting. This position will routinely perform activities associated with IT customer support, including but not limited to:
- Manually upload and process higher level critical data files directly related to the ability of the organization to provide vetting services to TSA customer organizations
- Create, analyze, escalate and transmit critical reports providing time sensitive updates to TSA customer organizations on potential terrorist activity
- Coordinate the escalation and conduct bridge/conference calls for complicated maintenance activities and multi-system/service outages
- Provide advanced technical support on mission critical systems during maintenance activities and outages, including decisions to implement failover functions when needed
- Proactively monitor the health of the systems and data flow using commercial and proprietary monitoring tools with the ability to make critical decisions based in information provided by the tool
- Triage phone and email call communication at highest levels using the ability to understand and respond to customer requirements
- Analyze and track incident and service request tickets, including making decisions to escalate issues as needed
- Verify system application execution to ensure mission critical applications are operating within defined parameters
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of IT and non-IT related issues identified thru monitoring tools and system checks
- Perform Access Management roles, including processing User Access Requests for all systems, account creations, unlocking accounts and/or resetting passwords
- Conduct onsite facilities checks verifying the integrity of the mission systems
- Create, consolidate and post daily shift logs
- Perform system optimization and troubleshooting functions, such as synchronization checks, record deletions, replaying messages and other data control functions
- Facilitate and lead emergency action procedures for the team
- Act as the point of contact for issues that are impacting the operations of the OSC including escalating to the on-duty Government Watch Officer (GWO), contractor OSC Deputy Managers and/or OSC Section Chief
- Maintain normal operations of the OSC, including daily activities such as walkthroughs, runbook updates and routine email and monitoring (SolarWinds, Tivoli, Netcool, Orion)
- Support the government GWOs with responsibilities as it pertains to lesser impacting issues to include (but not limited to) service disruptions outside the scope of the maintained environment
- Support all maintenance activity bridge calls, unless a higher precedence issue is taking place
- Recommend changes to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and provide documentation to OSC management who will coordinate changes with the GWOs
- Ensure all shift turnover reporting is complete and conduct shift change in accordance with the shift change over SOP
- Participate in GWO shift turnovers (to include an event summary) with the incoming GWO and Shift Lead and signoff upon completion
- Ensure all runbook updates have been completed
- Clear system alerts upon approval from O&M leads and government Section Chiefs
- Maintain status of Severity 1 and Severity 2 emails and times for required updates including contacting O&M lead in a timely manner
- Task of all personnel on their shift and escalate personnel issues appropriately
- Ensure proper coverage for their shifts and notify contractor management of any coverage issues
- Ensure all personnel on their shifts receive appropriate training and escalate any issues to the contractor OSC Deputy Manager or OSC Manager
- Ensure operators complete all data loads within Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Identify, monitor and follow-up on any OSC equipment issues that impact mission availability
- Create and brief a daily Operations briefing
- Creating and brief program customer meetings
- Create and edit SOPs and other supporting documentation reflecting the current operational environment
The following are the minimum qualifications and requirements for this position:
- Knowledge of Remedy, especially Incident Management module
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Account Management
- Knowledge of SolarWinds and Tivoli monitoring
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking, analysis and problem solving skills in order to make critical mission impacting decisions on reported issues
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate requirements with various customers and stakeholders on a variety of issues
- Prior experience in customer service or call center environment
- Proficient with PC functions such as file search, network drive mapping, and directory structuring, cutting, copying & pasting activities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate with various customers and stakeholders on a variety of issues
- Demonstrated ability to assist with maintaining documentation reflecting the current operational environment
- Act as the team leader with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform at a high level in a mission critical and dynamic work environment
Additionally, the following qualifications are desired:
- Strong technical knowledge in troubleshooting Windows workstation and custom application problems
- Demonstrated ability to work on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions when faced with competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work under a cross-matrix management structure.
Degrees/Years of Experience:
Typically, a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Information Systems with 4 or more years related professional experience. Also, the candidate must have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance and TSA Suitability Access.
Must be able to type
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
Why ManTech? This is why!
The ManTech family comprises a diverse yet united group of nearly 8,000 talented professionals around the globe, each bringing distinct backgrounds and skill sets to the team. Nearly half of us are veterans and we are all dedicated to securing the future of our nation.
Our diversity makes us successful. Each team member is a unique piece of the puzzle, coming together to solidify our seamless foundation. As One ManTech, we learn together, we win together, and we celebrate together.
Rich educational opportunities and programs help employees break through career barriers. ManTech offers tuition assistance, partnerships with universities and institutions, a Technical Recognition Awards program, professional groups that comprise our Communities of Practice and so much more. Our own acclaimed ManTech University offers instruction and resources needed for professional development.