Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Agile Project Manager
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Primary Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Clearance: Active DoD/DHS Secret Clearance
Job Description/Program Overview:
This position supports a Department of Homeland Security agency tasked with supporting counterterrorism efforts to keep the citizens and visitors of the United States safe. It is the responsibility of this position to guide, train, and lead teams supporting technical efforts related to the operations and maintenance, supporting database management, system development, maintenance and architectural design, network engineering, system security and training activities. The Agile Project Manager reports to the Agile Project Management Lead.
- Perform PMP type project management tasks.
- Guiding the team on how to use Agile/Scrum/Kanban practices and values.
- Guiding the team on how to self-organize and plan work into enabling features and stories along program increments and sprints.
- Assessing the degree of scrum maturity and coaching the team to higher levels, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments and guiding the team to remove impediments.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating a culture of getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Agile Project Management Lead, especially on grooming and maintaining the backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Solid understanding of system development life cycle (SDLC) models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing systems development projects using Agile methodologies.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile/Kanban methodologies with enterprise-level systems projects.
- Experience overseeing a multi-function project team with at least 5-8 team members, preferably in an Operations & Maintenance environment.
- Prior experience with DevOps practices, to include Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Possess a sufficient level of technical expertise to provide highly-credible leadership to teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- Ability to collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
- Experience in serving as a Scrum Master for at least one year in an enterprise systems environment that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. Prefer some experience in support of infrastructure operations and maintenance technical staff.
- Solid skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Awareness and experience with Agile techniques: Program Increment (PI) Planning, Epics/Features/Stories, Burndown Retrospectives, etc.
- Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Experience or knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and DevOps practices
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Rational Team Concert, Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Scrum Master certification
- SAFe, PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent
- Possess demonstrated experience as an Information Systems Manager or Program/Project Manager with ancillary experience in Operations and Maintenance especially in the areas of AIX, RHEL, Windows, virtualization, DB2, Networking and/or MQ
- Possess experience with IT Security, IT Infrastructure, and System Architecture environments
- Knowledge of federal Government directives, policies, publications and regulations
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 5 or more years related professional experience. (Education can be substituted for 8 years of experience).
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
Why ManTech? This is why!
The ManTech family comprises a diverse yet united group of nearly 8,000 talented professionals around the globe, each bringing distinct backgrounds and skill sets to the team. Nearly half of us are veterans and we are all dedicated to securing the future of our nation.
Our diversity makes us successful. Each team member is a unique piece of the puzzle, coming together to solidify our seamless foundation. As One ManTech, we learn together, we win together, and we celebrate together.
Rich educational opportunities and programs help employees break through career barriers. ManTech offers tuition assistance, partnerships with universities and institutions, a Technical Recognition Awards program, professional groups that comprise our Communities of Practice and so much more. Our own acclaimed ManTech University offers instruction and resources needed for professional development.