Kolbe Striping, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kolbe Striping, Inc
- 08-Oct-2019 to 07-Dec-2019 (MST)
- Castle Rock, CO, USA
- Depends on Qualifications
- Full Time
Job Title: Mechanic Department: Maintenance
Supervisor's Title: Shop/Fleet Manager Location: Yard, Shop and Field
Purpose of position: Repairs and maintains electric, diesel, gasoline industrial trucks and equipment by performing the following duties.
- Reads job orders and observes and listens to truck in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures. Determines if they are capable of the fix or not. If not, they need to coordinate someone to fix it (including coordination with outside vendors). If they can, they continue on to fixing the identified issue.
- Corrects and repairs any issues found in the determined malfunction.
- Overhauls gas or diesel engines and any other related systems on Kolbe Striping assets including but not limited to pneumatic, hydraulic, and paint systems
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and makes adjustments.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired truck to verify conformance to specifications.
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Welds and fabricates as needed.
- Ensures when work is complete that the truck meets all safety requirements of the government, KSI policy and ensure that they would feel safe driving the truck if they were to run it.
- Conducts maintenance and inspections on all Kolbe Striping Assets.
- Works in shop, yard and on jobs sites as needed.
- Must be able to be on call as scheduled and able to respond 24/7 as needed.
- Reports status of repairs to Operations
- Orders Parts and supplies as needed to make necessary repairs or conduct necessary servicing on Kolbe Striping assets.
- Performs other duties as necessary or as necessary
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Knowledge of the safe and efficient use of hand and power tools
- Knowledge of working mechanics of diesel and gas engines, hydraulics and electrical functions of construction equipment
- Knowledge and ability to weld.
- Knowledge of and exposure to hazardous chemicals including oil, antifreeze, asphalt, cement, solvents and batter acids
- Ability to train apprentice mechanics in manual tasks
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- 2 years education at an accredited diesel or automotive college or four years experience as an automotive or diesel mechanic in a construction or construction related industry.
- CDL Class A or B License
- Three or more years experience as an automotive or diesel mechanic.
- One year experience as an automotive or diesel mechanic in a construction or construction related industry.
- Outdoor environment that includes exposure to rain, sleet, snow, extreme cold, dust, mud, heat, direct sunlight, and noise
- May be exposed to moving vehicles, moving parts, exhaust and fumes
- Prolonged standing and bending, reaching, crawling, climbing, grasping, kneeling, squatting, and twisting.
- Often includes lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling items up to 75 pounds.
- Sometimes requires working at elevated heights.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job