Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ideal Industries
- # of Openings
- Regular Full-Time
J. Walter Becker founded IDEAL in 1916 and made a promise that is still an important part of the way IDEAL operates today: "An IDEAL product will provide a value greater than the price paid for it. Service is a part of the product." Becker's foundational principle represents our everyday commitment to you. It's the driving force behind our partnerships with the world's leading distributors, a state of the art delivery system, outstanding customer and technical support and variety of operational benefits designed to save you time and money. It means we're proud of the way we do business.
A subsidiary of IDEAL, Western Forge produces the highest-quality metal work in the USA and is an American standard in premier hand tool craftsmanship. Western Forge is seeking a Production Supervisor for a Monday - Friday, 1st shift schedule.
The Production Supervisor directs and coordinates all plant activities and personnel within their designated areas of responsibility to safely deliver quality products on time to our customers and at a profit. This must be accomplished in an environment where safety is first and a balanced ‘lean’ approach continually achieves and improves Productivity/Quality/Service Levels/Housekeeping. This position must partner with other functional areas, customers and suppliers in order to align plant activities with established business objectives and product/customer requirements.
The following includes a list of primary responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned by the manager to meet various business demands.
- Provide a safe work environment for all employees throughout the plant by utilizing 5S, providing proper PPE for employees and meeting OSHA workplace standards
- Work with EH&S to properly manage waste removal, labeling requirements, fire prevention, etc.
- Lead workforce by building professional relationships with team members by sharing relevant information regarding the impact of their role & responsibilities on the performance of the business, listening to employee’s ideas/suggestions, motivating employees to improve by achieving goals, representing the employee’s interests to management, etc.
- Establish, communicate, measure and uphold Company Policies such as safety, attendance, performance expectations, etc.
- Create and maintain a Customer-driven culture
- Work with planning to ensure production targets are established by cell to ensure On Time Delivery to customers as well as controlling WIP & finished goods inventory
- Remove roadblocks and provide employees with resources needed to achieve their targets
- Ensure employees are fully trained on the equipment and job requirements (know the work instructions) and follow the process steps to produce a quality product
- Establish and implement (as necessary) contingency plans to deal with unexpected issues related to equipment, man power, outside processing, etc. Collaborate with other departments to ensure all business wide targets are met
- Manage Preventative Maintenance activities to reduce the probability of equipment going down
- Ensure the team is meeting product quality specifications as established by engineering
- Train employees on quality assurance practices, ensure they have the proper equipment and monitor the rhythm of inspection on the floor
- Participate in the Material Review Board to identify root causes for quality issues and rework procedures for products that do not meet specification
- Work with Team to identify & implement continuous improvement opportunities relative to product flow, productivity, process, ergonomics, cost cutting, etc.
- Work with outside resources & vendors to improve performance and/or cost to the business related to the product/service they provide
- Ensure work instructions & procedures are up to date and available to employees
- Cross train the work force to ensure production requirements are met
- Work with employees on their career development based on desires and ability
- Manage department spending within budget by category – supplies, tooling, man hours, etc.
- Assist Engineering with projects (capital & non-capital) to ensure they stay within budget
- Manage daily time keeping to ensure proper pay and attendance policy
- Maintain documentation for workers' development & performance (training, annual reviews, discipline, etc.)
- Report out departmental performance as required by management
- Managing departmental support requirements such as outside processes, maintenance, engineering, tool room
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or other related field
- Minimum of 5 years in a LEAN manufacturing environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide leadership in directing, influencing and managing a diverse work group to meet company goals
- Must have demonstrated sufficient communications skills (both written and oral) for upward, and downward communications flow
- Ability to identify and explain the core issues of a situation or problem
- Possess initiative and a sense-of-urgency to deliver results
- Possess demonstrated production planning skills
- Experience and Ability to drive LEAN and continuous improvement projects
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (word, excel)
- Pro-actively communicates with others to solve problems
- Ability to determine developmental requirements for others and share the necessary knowledge and skills to result in skills development
- Ability to quickly make decisions and communicate direction to others
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Includes the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk continuously
- Ability to traverse a multi-building campus