Harrison School District 2
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sped Paraprofessional/SSN :1
at Harrison School District 2
Openings as of 10/16/2019
- Sped Paraprofessional/SSN :1 JobID: 4440
- Position Type:
Paraprofessionals/Special Education Paraprofessional/SSN
- Date Posted:
Harrison High School
- Closing Date:
Until Filled For 2019-2020 School Year
- Provide instructional support and assistance in meeting the educational needs of students, under the direction and immediate supervision of a licensed school professional.
- Services provided vary based on Individual Education Plans (IEP) and requirements to provide services in the least restrictive environment.
- Support instructional programs and provide instructional assistance for students in individual, small and large group settings. Implement approved modifications and/or accommodations of curriculum. Supervise and facilitate students in the classroom and a variety of settings that may include the lunchroom, playground, field trips, extra-curricular activities, or on-the-job training.
- Help and support students with special needs which may include emotional issues, self-help skills, fine and gross motor, visual, auditory, physical, medical and health needs, educational, prevocational and life skills in a least restrictive environment.
- Facilitate crisis intervention and assist students with problem solving techniques and conflict resolution. Enforces district policies regarding behaviors and discipline to help correct behavioral problems and meet behavioral goals.
- Collaborate and communicate with other special and regular educators and administrators with regard to academic and behavioral issues and observations. Provide suggestions, feedback and support to building staff, administrators, parents and outside agencies regarding effective strategies for facilitating learning.
- Assist the school professional by helping with data collection, updating records and documentation while helping maintain student files and class records. Maintain compliance with confidentiality laws including Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Attend and participate in district and building inservice opportunities and committee work
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MUST BE NCLB QUALIFIED: EITHER WORKKEYS OR 48+ COLLEGE SEMESTER HOURS OR HIGHER.**Please see attachments for more information on WorkKeys Exam**
- Upload/Scan transcripts if you have minimum of 48 semester hours otherwise upload WorkKeys Test Scores Sheets.
- 0 – 2 years experience. Experience working with children with special needs preferred.
- Knowledge of child development and behavior management is preferred.
- CPR and First Aid preferred.
- Core District Special Education Paraprofessional training or requirements must be acquired within 36 months of hire.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Basic English, writing and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of computers and office equipment.
- Criminal background check and District fingerprinting required.
THIS POSITION IS FOR A SPED PARAPROFESSIONAL IN THE SIGNIFICANT SUPPORT NEEDS PROGRAM (SSN).
183 work day calendar 7-7.5 hrs/day (determined by school)
Starting: $13.31/hr (Compensation will include an additional $.50/hour for paraprofessionals in these Center Based Special Education programs: Affective Needs, SSN, CSD and TAP).
Note: Each college transcript shall be authentic, original or photocopy, bearing the embossed seal of the institution, the signature of the registrar, and including descriptive titles, course numbers, credits, and grades for each course listed and degrees earned, if any. For the purpose of these Rules, credits shall be in semester hours or may be interpreted as meaning the equivalent in quarter, trimester, unit or term.
Must apply online at and set up application file. Once you have completed your file, you must apply for each vacancy from the website that is of interest to you to be considered a candidate.
FLSA Status: Non Exempt