Harrison School District 2
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Harrison School District 2
Openings as of 10/16/2019
- General Paraprofessional JobID: 4443
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled For 2019-2020 School Year
- Support the classroom teacher by reinforcing curriculum with individual or small groups of students. Tutor and provide assistance and instruction in the English language. Perform clerical and computer work. Assist in supervising students on playgrounds, in hallways, crossing the street, and on field trips. Assist with maintaining student records, preparing instructional material, correcting and grading student work, monitoring groups of children, and reporting progress to teachers. Administer test in reading, writing, math, and comprehension.
- Conduct small group or individual activities with students to reinforce curriculum.
- Supervise individual student's activities and assignments, tutor and provide assistance and instruction in the English language.
- Perform clerical and computer work.
- Supervise or assist in supervising playgrounds and hallways and ensure safety of children while crossing the street.
- Maintain student records by properly documenting and organizing student files, while respecting confidentiality.
- Assist in preparing instructional material and learning displays, correcting and grading student work, monitoring groups of children, and reporting progress to Teachers.
- Administer tests in oral, reading, writing, math and comprehension.
- Supervise students as assigned.
- Assist Teachers during fild trips by supervising students to ensure safety and appropriate behavior.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- MUST BE NCLB QUALIFIED: EITHER WORKKEYS OR 48+ COLLEGE SEMESTER HOURS OR HIGHER.**Please see attachments for more information on WorkKeys Exam**
- Upload/Scan transcripts if you have minimum of 48 semester hours otherwise upload WorkKeys Test Scores Sheets.
- 0 – 2 years experience.
- Child development, literacy or English language experience preferred.
- Basic English, writing and communication skills.* Basic knowledge of computers and office equipment.
- CPR and First Aid preferred.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Criminal background check and District fingerprinting required.
183 work day calendar
Note: Each college transcript shall be authentic, original or photocopy, bearing the embossed seal of the institution, the signature of the registrar, and including descriptive titles, course numbers, credits, and grades for each course listed and degrees earned, if any. For the purpose of these Rules, credits shall be in semester hours or may be interpreted as meaning the equivalent in quarter, trimester, unit or term.
Must apply online at and set up application file. Once you have completed your file, you must apply for each vacancy from the website that is of interest to you to be considered a candidate.
FLSA Status: Non Exempt